WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Banned
778 Posts
I wouldn't mind a jumping hour. Just looking for the right one.

I would like to add a JLC, GO, VC and Rolex to the collection if funds allow. I need to find a watch from each manufacturer that really sings to me though.

ALTERNATIVELY:

I'll buy another Patek and make that my only purchase of the year.

It depends what direction I want to take my collection in?

In addition I need to set up a paypal account and learn much more about buying online from grey dealerships and places like Chrono24. I think I am excluding myself from an important part of the market based on a fair amount of irrational fear and being an all round Luddite.

Regards,

·
Banned
28,290 Posts
I hope to NOT buy any new watches this year.
Correct - buy them all used. :sneaky2::laugh:

Sitting at the peak of the Top 5 Most Wanted list is a Longines Conquest Power Reserve caliber 294.

A 14ct Grand Prize caliber 352 is also a high priority. Owned a gold filled model previously and foolishly sold it.

I'd like to expand the ultra-thin collection with an elusive 70's pre-Seiko Jean Lassale caliber 1200 or 2000, a 60's - 80's Piaget microrotor 12P, and maybe buy another watch powered by a Piguet manual wind caliber 21.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I'm thinking perhaps a Sinn 856 or an Oris BC3 Advanced Day-Date.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: ivan1998

·
Banned
28,290 Posts
I'm thinking perhaps a Sinn 856 or an Oris BC3 Advanced Day-Date.
Sinn has been steadily getting more popular. They make a hell of a nice watch.

And get the Damasko A 35-1 with there new in-house movement.
That's the first time I heard about that! Time to check it out. Thanks for the head's up.

some type of vintage JLC. Still learning about the JLC to make a better decision.
If you need any help just ask.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Correct - buy them all used. :sneaky2::laugh:
I have to say that my latest new Raymond Weil was a brilliant addition. I have a hard time not wearing it.

In reality, if I do add anything to the collection this year, I hope to have the strength of will to save up and add only highly collectible solid gold vintage models. I think I'm still addicted to the inexpensive gold filled models.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.