WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a fast start too collecting Invictas for 2008, including myself. Just wondering what everyone is looking to buy this year.

For me it is going to be five watches period. Two or three Invictas which the Subaqua III is one. The others not sure yet. I like the square RD, but I want to see the new Reserve lineup.
Lets see if I can hold the line.:scared:

MUST BE STRONG!!!:D

·
Registered
788 Posts
Not sure now Auto, I did just receive my Reserve Auto today. But as far as more purchases, maybe some of their vintage Swiss auto line. Otherwise I'm not sure! But I'll bet it'll have atleast 3 hands and a bracelet!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I'm going to wait and see what kind of must-have they come out with this year before I commit to anything. That said, I must obtain an SAIII at some point.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I have a monthly allowance that I have alloted for watch purchases, so it is hard to say. It will be less than last year since I have found my niche as to what works best with me as far as wearablity. If I had to guess now, I think 5 is a good number.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Yeah, for this year I'm going to try and keep my watches fewer and their values higher. Do fewer impulse buys and avoid the "man what a deal" watches I always buy.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Don't know yet... but I'm tempted to pull the trigger on the black/stainless 2 tone SAIII GMT automatic to go with my Gray MOP SA III quartz.

·
Banned
2,874 Posts
Five may be a bit too much, unless I buy a six slot winder! I'm with you, auto, I've got my eyes on that square RD, too. But I really like that SAN III you just got. It has me thinking ...

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Dont do it yet Agent, I'm sure they will be coming out with something grail-worthy this year. I'm waiting for a bit.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Well, Agent, with the Swiss/Miyota movements you don't technically need a winder, I have one and don't use it because I enjoy winding them myself more than letting the winder do it for me!

Banned- yeah, I'm trying to buy fewer watches this year but buy higher end Invicta's instead. Maybe a SAN III quartz, or some of the Invicta Vintage Swiss.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I'm not sure what's on the agenda this year. I've had my eye on the Sea Vulture, but I understand they are coming out with a new version this year. So I may just hold on to what I have for a while.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I am currently eying up the Sea Spider but I am not sure about the 50mm size. That would be my biggest Invicta case size.

·
Registered
793 Posts
OK so I didn't pull the trigger on the SAN III GMT automatic after all, but instead I decided to purchase a brand new black/stainless SAN III automatic (the non GMT version) for just $382. You just can't beat that deal with a stick. However, the same place I ordered it from did have the GMT version for $594.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I see myself cutting back on watches this year or I hope I do anyway.:001_rolleyes:

Will be cutting back on the cheese also unless something new comes out that is substantially different than what I already have and is also more in the 40-42mm size.

I am eyeing something that rhymes with reiko right now but I have gone way over budget in December and January so I am putting that off for the time being.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts