WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I'm in the race again to buy a new Rolex in Jan this year. Since I just bought the SS GMTII Cermic bezel and a SS/Rose gold Datejust with steel face and Roman numerals in Dic. My New choices are: New Air King SS/18kt white gold fluted bezel/silver circular Dial with orange arabic numerals and a oyster brazelet OR a SS/18kt white gold fluted bezel Datejust with a steel/black dial with the alternate black(even) and red-orange(odd) dates and also inner bezel rolexrolexrol...engraving?????? Which of the two would be a better(in hstoric sense) Date does not matter that much to me.

ED:confused1:

·
Premium Member
24,978 Posts
Ed - neither of your choices are models which have particularly strong "historic" value, the way a Submariner, GMT, or other models Rolex makes might. Just my opinion. The DJ certainly has been around awhile...but then the AK is no Johnny-come-lately either.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
You've already got a DJ....Go for the Air King..

A rich history of being the British pilots favorite in WW II (although not actually dialed that way), and one of the three successes to come out of the famous Oyster Explorer model in the early 50's (the Explorer, Submariner, and Air-King)

You can't go wriong with this choice..

:cool1:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts