WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was hoping for a Ball, actually. :scared: I guess we'll see what happens...

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Hey Richy

Football? Tennis Ball? Golf Ball?

Sorry pal - only kiddin'

Well depending on how my project develops, initial funds having to go into it, I'd like another Speedy Pro. The list as you would expect is long. :001_rolleyes:

Be well now

ZIN

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I cannot see myself buying one this year, but I would like an Omega Chronograph. Ideally a Speedy (Pro or BA), SMP (minus the Bond version, I like my subdials at 3, 6 and 9) or an orange PO Chrono.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Here's the wish list at present:

Moon Watch (Hesalite or any LE that may catch my fancy this year).
45.5mm PO
Co-axial SMP
SS Hour Vision
SS and RG 1957 Speedy
The 2008 edition Museum Collection (if it's affordable)

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Jeepers

I hadn't realised you were after the larger PO Rick. I thought the 42mm was big enough fro most of us mortals. Co-Ax SMP - would that be the Bond or the forthcoming black number pal?

Talk soon

Be well now

ZIN

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Jeepers

I hadn't realised you were after the larger PO Rick. I thought the 42mm was big enough fro most of us mortals. Co-Ax SMP - would that be the Bond or the forthcoming black number pal?

Talk soon

Be well now

ZIN

Hi Zin,

As you know I am the proud owner of a 48.3mm BBB. So, 45.5mm diameter watches are nothing to me.:biggrin:

It's a good question about the newly rumoured black SMP against the present blue Bond SMP. I would have to see them side by side in person to make a final decision. I do like the idea of a black version and I think it would fit the Bond franchise perfectly. However, I'm not so sure this will happen. I think the black PO suits the action scenes well and the blue SMP is the more subtle classy option to complement black tie wear. Just my 2c, of course.

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Indeed how could I forget Rick. :001_rolleyes:

You must be just about the only one amongst us here who has a propensity to wear a wide spectrum of dial sizes. I stop at 42 and would only venture no more than 2mm beyond that and only if a particular watch really appeals to me.

Keep enjoying them pal :thumbup1:

Be well now

ZIN

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Indeed how could I forget Rick. :001_rolleyes:

You must be just about the only one amongst us here who has a propensity to wear a wide spectrum of dial sizes. I stop at 42 and would only venture no more than 2mm beyond that and only if a particular watch really appeals to me.

Keep enjoying them pal :thumbup1:

Be well now

ZIN
I do have quite a range of diameters in my collection, now that I think about it. Ranging from the afore-mentioned 48.3mm BBB to a 34mm vintage Girard Perregaux.

Variety is the spice of life my friend.:biggrin:

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
When I was young my mum used to tell me that G-P made exceptional watches. Therefore as I approached WISdom I naturally had a look at some G-Ps. Somehow I didn't see anything that grabbed me. :confused1:

As you say pal, variety is the spice of life which is why I stick to Omegas since they have a watch for each occasion :thumbup1:

When do you start the new job?

Have a nice day pal

ZIN

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
When do you start the new job?

Have a nice day pal

ZIN
I start on Monday 7th. I've just been reading the new Employees Hand Book. It says that employees are allowed to use the internet fascilities for their own personal use in their own time (ie lunch break). So, hopefully, full time employment shouldn't hinder my regular contributions here.

How about you mate? Got any work on at the moment? Or is being the General of WTF a full time job?:biggrin:

Take care now,

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Hey Amigo

Do you have some sort of alert that grabs your attention each time I reply to your post? :biggrin::biggrin:

Working towards Project 2 pal amidst the other stuff on my desk. Indeed I'm reviewing some papers right now but as you know, there are times when I have WTF opened in the background. I have a new phone now on which I can pick up emails via the www - that is such a bonus so I can pop into WTF when opportunity permits when I am out.

Good luck next week.

Be seein' ya

ZIN

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Another Omega this year for would likely land me in divorce court.

Oops John. Hope not. Would you like us to speak with your missus, plead extenuating circumstances and all that ;) Anything to help another member and fellow WIS :thumbup1:

Be well now

ZIN

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Mike

The 3870.50.31 is anything but plain jane my friend. As I said elsewhere it still qualifies you to perform either a Moonwalk or an EVA. Now how many other watches can claim that?

Quite ;):thumbup1:

Have a great year pal and best to your missus

ZIN

·
Registered
137 Posts
I would have to say a Speedy, 3573.50. I have been flip-flopping back and forth on it or a PO but I think the Speedy will be the next Omega on the ole wrist for me!:biggrin:

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
I can tell you my friend that the 3573.50 is a great watch. Love mine as you can imagine :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

It'll never get us to the moon but who cares? I prefer Planet E. :lol:

Be well now

ZIN

1 - 20 of 36 Posts