WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having a tough time staying with any one plan myself frankly, but I am hoping I will be able to get a SS Datejust and either a SS GMT II or a SS Submariner. What are your plans? :001_smile:

·
Premium Member
24,978 Posts
I'm really, really hoping to stand pat this year with my personal collection. My guess is that Rolex will come out with something that I'll want in Basel this year, but it likely won't be available until 2009 here in the US.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Does vintage count?

Just bought a house myself, so that'll put a crimp on me as well (or at least that's what my wife asserts). :001_wub:

If anything, it will be a vintage piece -- tho' I realize that doesn't mean any less of an investment than new these days!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I am going to try and get me a SD not more than 2 years old, I would perfer NOS but I think everyone will be holding on to them. My grail watch would be the TRU-Beat with the words "By Official Test" on the dial where the SCOC would be.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was very impressed by both the white and black dial Milgauss and lean towards the white dial version. However, I have to see the first green sapphire version yet. 2008 hasn't even started yet, so I have a full 365 days to make up my mind! :)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was very impressed by both the white and black dial Milgauss and lean towards the white dial version. However, I have to see the first green sapphire version yet. 2008 hasn't even started yet, so I have a full 365 days to make up my mind! :)
I share your affection with the Milgauss. (When it comes to watches with some protection against magnetic fields, I am also looking at the IWC Ingeniur). Like you, I also have a wish list that is divided by "realistic" and "unrealistic" choices. On my unrealitistic list, I would like to pick up the Breguet Marine Big Date and the Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Contemporaine. But I will venture boldly into 2008 believing that my "realistic list" will still be doable and for that list my focus will be on Rolex.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
As to contemporary pieces, Bazel will be the deciding factor. LOL!

As to vintage...quality will rule.:thumbup1:

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm really, really hoping to stand pat this year with my personal collection. My guess is that Rolex will come out with something that I'll want in Basel this year, but it likely won't be available until 2009 here in the US.
Im hoping for a ss yachtmaster II :lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
142 Posts
A 18KT/SS Yachtmaster with white/black onyx dial. Hopefully in the next couple of months, but we'll see.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im hoping for a ss yachtmaster II :lol::lol::lol:
I assume you are talking about the one with the Platinum bezel. Regardless, the YM is a nice watch too. If I do better than expected, I just might add this model to my list. :001_smile:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A 18KT/SS Yachtmaster with white/black onyx dial. Hopefully in the next couple of months, but we'll see.
Yes, that is a very nice one too. For me, there are 3 YM I would look at closely before choosing:

1. SS and Platinum
2. Two Tone with white face and onyx markers
3. Two tone with gray face and white markers
(not necessarily in order)

The YM line is one I didn't pay much attention to at first, but after a time I realized how nice they were. I hope you will be able to fulfill your wish. :001_smile:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yes, that is a very nice one too. For me, there are 3 YM I would look at closely before choosing:

1. SS and Platinum
2. Two Tone with white face and onyx markers
3. Two tone with gray face and white markers
(not necessarily in order)

The YM line is one I didn't pay much attention to at first, but after a time I realized how nice they were. I hope you will be able to fulfill your wish. :001_smile:
I saw the Platinum/SS YM at an AD yesterday. I like it, but not as well as the TT with white dial/black onyx.

I also discovered the YM just recently. It caused me to push the TT blue Submariner down the list a notch, but that will come eventually.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I assume you are talking about the one with the Platinum bezel. Regardless, the YM is a nice watch too. If I do better than expected, I just might add this model to my list. :001_smile:
oh no im talking about the real deal, the yachty II, i heard the usual mutterings of ADs about the possibility of one, thought it was a funny joke :laugh:

·
Registered
56 Posts
After buying my GMT II, I thought for sure my next Rollie would be a Sub Date, but lately I've been developing a hankering for a white Explorer II. I may still end up getting the Sub Date next due to the Explorer being a GMT like the one I already have, but we'll see. A DJ is on the list for purchase at some point too. :cool1:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts