WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today has been busy. I have wanted a working one of these and had just about given up getting one in my price range. When today 2 of them showed up and I bought them both. It was too good a deal to turn down. As soon as they are in I'll post pictures of them so you can see them. One of them is the über rare case with the glass strip on top. The other is a bit more run of the mill in it's case (if you can call these that). But it was a great day for me on eBay today.

MENS VINTAGE BULOVA COMPUTRON ACCUTRON LED SERIES 254 QUARTZ WATCH N7 1977 | eBay

BULOVA accutron COMPUTRON DRIVER LED WATCH N7 | eBay

Sorry the pics are so bad, but it's hard to take a picture in the short time they give you to have the display up. But I plan on taking more shots and posting them next week. Not a bad day all in all.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have seen those for sale but know nothing about the movement etc. I hope you can fill us in a bit about the movement and how they work etc.
I am learning myself, but I am glad to share as I learn. When it comes in this week I'll take a lot of pics and post them to give you an idea of what's inside. And at least I have a tripod to give me steady pictures.

·
Banned
605 Posts
I dunno about $500 for that last one......A fair chunk of change. I see the red strips come once every month or two (UK is good for Benrus Electronics) .They are a bit odd for wear on the wrist in my experience. I have one.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I dunno about $500 for that last one......A fair chunk of change. I see the red strips come once every month or two (UK is good for Benrus Electronics) .They are a bit odd for wear on the wrist in my experience. I have one.
Actually I didn't pay $500, I paid significantly less. It wouldn't have mattered if it was a bit more I would've bought it. These are rare and pretty highly sought after. Besides I didn't buy to sell, I wanted these too much to consider that option. Although one guy on another board has been on me about selling him one. I decided it may be greedy but I am keeping them both.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's some pics of my "red stripe". As of now I have 3 N7 254 drivers watches, but this is by far the most popular. The condition is not perfect, but it's the best I have seen. Most of the stripes have "nibbles" out of them. A friend in Thailand sent me pics of his and it has a ton of little chips all over the edge. I would grade this a 7.5 to 8 on a 1 to 10 scale (with 10 being perfect). If I were to polish it a bit a could make it a solid 9. The only reason I am not spending more time right now wearing it is the band is too small for my wrist. I need to put an extender on so I can wear it comfortably. I still think it's funny this is considered an Accutron.

Brown Amber Rectangle Wood Audio equipment
Gas Trunk Automotive design Auto part Machine
Material property Electronic device Office equipment Rectangle Wood
Product Musical instrument accessory Electronic instrument Audio equipment Gadget
Electronic instrument Office equipment Audio equipment Gadget Communication Device

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Here's some pics of my "red stripe". As of now I have 3 N7 254 drivers watches, but this is by far the most popular. The condition is not perfect, but it's the best I have seen. Most of the stripes have "nibbles" out of them. A friend in Thailand sent me pics of his and it has a ton of little chips all over the edge. I would grade this a 7.5 to 8 on a 1 to 10 scale (with 10 being perfect). If I were to polish it a bit a could make it a solid 9. The only reason I am not spending more time right now wearing it is the band is too small for my wrist. I need to put an extender on so I can wear it comfortably. I still think it's funny this is considered an Accutron.

View attachment 32839 View attachment 32840 View attachment 32841 View attachment 32842 View attachment 32843
AWSOME:blink: What a great collection. These are Accutron models that have not received much attention, but I am going to give them a second look and perhaps add one to my inventory.:biggrin: Well done and congratulations...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My third one's pics just got here and the watch is coming later this week. Now I have 3 N7 254 driver's watches in all three flavors including the stainless with gold stripe, gold filled red stripe and rarest is the original leather band model. I know I need to stop, but I love these too much. I am thinking about letting one go, but then I think what would I buy? Another driver's watch. These are not the best pics, but better ones will be coming when the watch arrives.

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Rectangle Trunk
Rectangle Gas Font Electronic device Metal

·
Banned
605 Posts
My third one's pics just got here and the watch is coming later this week. Now I have 3 N7 254 driver's watches in all three flavors including the stainless with gold stripe, gold filled red stripe and rarest is the original leather band model. I know I need to stop, but I love these too much. I am thinking about letting one go, but then I think what would I buy? Another driver's watch. These are not the best pics, but better ones will be coming when the watch arrives.

View attachment 32853 View attachment 32854
I didn't know some came with leather originally. Personally I prefer metal on them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.