WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Everyone...

Well I finally did it! Bought my 1st Omega. New Speedmaster Broad Arrow! This more then completes my watch budget for the rest of the year. Temptation got the best of me!

This sounds rather silly, trying to figure out what movement is inside!

Best

Bob

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You.. and Concerns...

Thanks...

Just starting to learn this watch... for some reason...always wanted a Omega. That said, I am a bit concerned about this watch.

It has stopped a couple times. Once the sub second hand stopped. Then the hour minute hand stopped, and the second had was still running!!!

I purchased this watch from a A/D close by and have 14 days to return if this continues. I am not going to send this watch in for warranty work already.

Hope those times were just a "fluke".

Best

Bob

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
That is a beauty- congrats!

I know this might sound a bit patronizing, but i've done it myself, has the watch been fully wound when the problems are experienced? Believe me, I've fretted over a randomly stopping watch, only to find out that the mainspring hasn't gotten wound enough to run the movement. Just a thought...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Marsss...

Thanks for the idea. It is possible as to what you have said about not being wound enough. They adjusted the band in the back room, when they brought it out, the watch was running.

I have wound it some more this evening... and went out for a long walk. I am hoping you are right and that it was a oversight on my part!

It is a expensive watch ( for me ) and just afraid of a possible lemon! I suspect it will be fine! :biggrin:

Best

Bob

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Marsss...

Thanks for the idea. It is possible as to what you have said about not being wound enough. They adjusted the band in the back room, when they brought it out, the watch was running.

I have wound it some more this evening... and went out for a long walk. I am hoping you are right and that it was a oversight on my part!

It is a expensive watch ( for me ) and just afraid of a possible lemon! I suspect it will be fine! :biggrin:

Best

Bob
Bob,

Let's hope for the best then! That's too nice a piece to have to deal with a return.

Marsss

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Bobs Citizens said:
Marsss...

Best

Bob
Give it 40 full winds and see how it goes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts