WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a near new Lum Tec m 18. I have a few questions about it. 1st there are times that after I wind it, it will run fine for about 2-3 hrs then it will stop. And with a few cranks it will take off again. It is not everyday nor consistent. Its like there is a hang up. So is something damaged internally? 2nd question the humidity is high in Nebraska and on certain days the case clouds over. I would not expect this from a watch of this quality. So is there a leak in the case or is it a lens coating issues. I have an included pic. any help appreciated. Otherwise this thing is so cool. I've only had Fossils before this watch and Im loving it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'm not familiar with auto watches (all mine are quartz) so I'll defer to the experts here about the winding issue, but it definitely sounds and looks like you have a leak. The crystal should be clear (you don't know what you're missing!). I'd call Lum-Tec and/or send it in. It shouldn't cost too much unless something needs to be replaced and they'll get it running great and turn it around quickly for you. Just be sure to specify in your letter with the watch all the issues you're having. Great watch; just wait until you get it 100%! Good luck.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I bought a near new Lum Tec m 18. I have a few questions about it. 1st there are times that after I wind it, it will run fine for about 2-3 hrs then it will stop. And with a few cranks it will take off again. It is not everyday nor consistent. Its like there is a hang up. So is something damaged internally? 2nd question the humidity is high in Nebraska and on certain days the case clouds over. I would not expect this from a watch of this quality. So is there a leak in the case or is it a lens coating issues. I have an included pic. any help appreciated. Otherwise this thing is so cool. I've only had Fossils before this watch and Im loving it.

Yeah contact Lum-Tec, they have very good customer service and will fix up your Lummy.

·
Registered
739 Posts

Congrats on the M18!

I'm guessing you might not be winding the movement enough, which would explain it stopped after a while and starting back up when you start winding it again. The Slava 2427 is a twin-barrelled movement. It takes significantly more effort/activity to wind up the Slava 2427 compared to other single-barrelled movements such as the ETA 2824 or Miyota 9015. This isn't really a big deal; the wearer just has to realize this and either keep the wrist "active enough" to get the Slava rotor rotating enough or just give the watch a full wind in the morning.

Regarding the condensation on the inside of the sapphire crystal - that is definitely not normal. I'd recommend sending it in to LT and have them check it out.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I have the M18. It's my least accurate, but most loved, LTs because it has character!

You have to wind it about 40 turns from stopped to get it well charged.

Condensation on the inside of any watch is a problem, so I'd suggest a trip back to LT for service

·
Registered
50 Posts
Looks like a trip back to Lum Tec is in order. You should not have moisture in the case, this may be related o the odd running.
Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts