WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Looking for advice on whether I am likely to find additional links for this Longines which I got for my 21st birthday in 1979.

I can't wear it anymore and as strap integral with the case, it can't be replaced.

I have also never known what model it is, any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dave
Watch Analog watch Rectangle Clock Quartz clock
Tire Automotive tire Textile Wood Rectangle

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
still hoping to find links for this watch, the back has been off it, movement number seems to be L847.3, serial number 52330996, i'd be interested in any thoughts on value if i have to sell it, just very unlikely to ever fit me again, a pity
Watch Clock Analog watch Quartz clock Circle
Watch Clock Analog watch Quartz clock Circle

· Registered
477 Posts
You could adapt an ordinary expanding bracelet to fit the ends, without altering the Longines watch.
I did it with a similar K Worcester watch bracelet, but it was shaped the opposite way on the ends, so I had to permanently alter it by filing out the middle part, also filed the ends of the strap to match the shape. I used some extra thin springbars as wires, not in a normal springbar way,
Watch Analog watch Wood Clock Rectangle
Watch Analog watch White Light Clock

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Stephen, very interesting, I think your DIY skills beyond mine, but not a watchmakers, so will hang onto this tip. I still.am surprised longines don't have any links kicking around, and still waiting on a dating reply from them. Appreciate the help. Dave

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I see what you mean, seen a couple of listing, one with very detailed instructions, I will need to measure original clip carefully but I have digital calipers in garage, will keep you posted, thanks mikey

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think I am getting there! Wilberwatches on ebay make extenders, I messaged Sam and explained that I thought I might need one custom made due to the very precise fit of the clasp into the bar, and that is what he is going to do. So basically he makes one out of two, for £34.99 which is well worth it to allow me the use of the watch again. I'm very grateful for all the help and will post pics of the hopefully finished article back on my wrist. If u Google ebay wilberwatches it will take you to listing or I can try posting a link if anyone needs it. Cheers Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts