WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to regret selling this one but need to let it go for a variety of reasons. 1964 Swiss Bulova Accutron 214 in solid 18kt gold. This Swiss version has an all 18kt gold case, back, crown, battery hatch and locking ring. To the best of my knowledge, there is not another of this model on the market anywhere for sale.

The 35mm wide case in amazing condition for its age with minor nicks and scratches. You can see some minor dings on the bottom right lug but otherwise excellent. It has not been refinished and could stand a professional polish. The outside of the back is stamped "Bulova 18kt Gold Case" and "Patented Waterproof". with a Swiss style serial number and M4 (1964) stamped. The inside of the Case back is stamped 0.750 (18kt), Swiss and 451 for the case model number. The case itself has multiple 18kt markings, as does the battery cover. This one is unique in that the locking ring also appears to be 18kt.

Hands and dial markers gold toned on a silver dial background. All in excellent condition without any discoloration or corrosion. New factory correct crystal just replaced as the original had crazing. (Also new gasket and battery installed)

Movement is a Swiss marked 214H, correct date code of M4 for 1964. Sets and runs excellent but notice "positional" issues. When stored in the original box on it's left side it keeps perfect time, when worn it keeps perfect time but gains a couple minutes a day when in my display case (stored flat with face up). It was purchased as being "serviced" but would suggest it be serviced again.

Band is a lightly used, padded Hadley Roma black Teju Lizard with unbranded gold toned buckle.

This is a great original example with matching date codes and all swiss marked! Includes the European style factory box!!

Message me for more pictures and info.

$1600 USD (shipping included in North America)

IMG_0331.JPG
IMG_20210611_125621391.jpg

1 - 1 of 1 Posts