WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
A bulova mens gold plated waterproof, ser# H961854 M5. What do I have? Value?
It also says T swiss T on dial.
Welcome to the forum!

The info. you have given us does not tell us anything about your watch. Serial numbers are mostly for registration of ownership and do not give any details about the watch. First, a few good pics of the watch are needed - front, back and movement - if you are able to remove the back. On the case back, usually around the serial number, there may be a date code consisting of a letter and a number. Is there one on your watch? As for value, it really is better for you to go on eBay and see if your watch is listed or one very much like yours. Follow the auction(s) and see what they sell for. Even then, prices vary widely from sale to sale. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Welcome to the forum! On the case back, usually around the serial number, there may be a date code consisting of a letter and a number. Is there one on your watch?
Oliver, he stated it has "M5" on the back so it's 1965 vintage, for what its worth... ("Vintage"? wrong business, were not talking Wine here) :001_rolleyes::laugh:

The serial number indicates the case is US stock and the quote from the face indicates to me it is either an auto or manual wind, non US made caliber... I don't recall Swiss Accutron calibers being identified under the "6" but there are plenty of them in US made cases...

Anyhow, your correct in the need for much more info & pictures of the piece for valuation purposes...

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Oliver, he stated it has "M5" on the back so it's 1965 vintage, for what its worth... ("Vintage"? wrong business, were not talking Wine here) :001_rolleyes::laugh:

The serial number indicates the case is US stock and the quote from the face indicates to me it is either an auto or manual wind, non US made caliber... I don't recall Swiss Accutron calibers being identified under the "6" but there are plenty of them in US made cases...

Anyhow, your correct in the need for much more info & pictures of the piece for valuation purposes...
Yep, sorry, I missed the date code. Duh! :blush:

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Does the T mean that the lume is tritium ?
Good question. Here is what I found:

The indication "T Swiss made T" means that the watch is Swiss and contains a certain quantity of tritium that emits less than 227 MBq (7,5 mCi).The indication "Swiss T<25" means that the watch is Swiss and contains a certain quantity of tritium that emits less than 925 MBq (25 mCi).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies. When I get a chance, I will add some photos.
I bought this watch in Key West ,Florida when it was new. Just for some small scratches on the crystal, the watch looks like new. I believe somewhere I have the original box for it.
Thanks again.
oscar

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Thanks for the replies. When I get a chance, I will add some photos.
I bought this watch in Key West ,Florida when it was new. Just for some small scratches on the crystal, the watch looks like new. I believe somewhere I have the original box for it.
Thanks again.
oscar

Using microfiber cloths and a plastic polishing agent like PlastX, you may be able to polish out those scratches. By all means, check for the box. Having both the original inner and outer (cardboard) boxes adds value to your watch. I have both of those for the two I purchased new in the early '70s.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.