WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Everyone...

Got my Bulova back from service. Had it about 6 months, very little wrist time. Was gaining approx. + 5 a hour! I do not expect quartz accuracy, but do expect much better then that.

Still running +2 - 3 per hour. I took off the back and adjusted the regulator will see how it does!

Best

Bob

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have this watch in SS with a black dial and after servicing it really keeps very good time. I haven't tried to track it, but if I wear it for a week it might pick up a minute. Not COSC, but not bad, either. It may settle in more in time, but I don't wear it everyday. The original dials of these are really pretty. If you see a redial it is immediately obvious, very dull instead of catching the light.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have several examples of these pieces and they tend to be accurate. Hopefully your regulation will help. Mine were timed on a machine and regulated by my watchmaker. They tend to run close to COSC spec. That being said, I have learned to temper my expectation on the performance of a vintage timepieces given that some parts may be worn and hard to find. Yours is a very nice example considering it is 57 years old.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts