WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ok, so I stumbled on this site that sells Omega watches and came across this beauty! What does everyone think? Authentic? Frankenwatch? Does anyone know about these watches from the '40s? Lol, it's older than my parents! And what about the price? Too low? Too high?

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
How can a seller say "original dial" and "refinished" in the same sentence? They don't realize it's a contradiction to collectors. The original slab of metal isn't the important part - we want the original finish. That's where the value is. Personally, I pass on any vintage watch with a repainted dial and I bet all the serious Omega collectors will say the same. The only thing that might be acceptable for some brands is a factory refinish to exact specifications as it came from the factory back in the day. With Omega, the value of the watch will be hurt by 30% to 40% if the dial isn't completely original.

·
Registered
719 Posts
How can a seller say "original dial" and "refinished" in the same sentence?
This seems to be a very popular combination of words, specially from many eBay sellers. I get daily alerts from eBay when new items are listed with "pie pan" in their description - and oh boy!!!! have you seen some of the asking prices on SS and gold capped Constellations out there? Amazing!!! what are these folks smoking lately?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts