WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have few questions about pocket watch hands:

1) Do you have any ideas on how to obtain a set of Pontife pocket watch hands? Seems to me that these are the very difficult type to see on the market. These were quite popular in the 1940s, I have seen them on a different type of watches from that period.

2) Breguet thin Moon type pinhole minute hand
I know that this is not the place to throw questions not related to Omega topics but I am also looking for a minute hand for my Breguet-type Jn. Ls. Robert Geneve pocket watch (as per the attached picture). These are not the regular Blue Moon type...
Thanks
Z

Attachments

· Super Moderator
17,361 Posts
You'd probably have to get a job at Omega in order to score a brand new set of hands. Your next best bet is, as "oldhippy" over at watchrepairtalk suggested, keep checking over at eBay, either for the hands by their name, or for an old pocket watch being sold off as a donor of watch parts.
You could also send an email off to esslinger.com or luciusatelier.com as they both sell aftermarket watch hands. You'll need to know what size you're going to need before placing an order.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that is what I thought would be...
Really appreciate any comment on this.
I just can't understand why this type of hands is so unpopular. This type of design is listed on many watch hands diagrams and it was used on many different brands - I think they really look cool.

Attachments

· Super Moderator
17,361 Posts
" This type of design is listed on many watch hands diagrams and it was used on many different brands - I think they really look cool."

I agree. If it weren't for their overly inflated asking prices, there would have been a couple of vintage Hamiltons in like-new condition on eBay that would be in my collection by now!

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.