WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new here, I would love to get some suggestions & input regarding 3 watches I have. I just came back from a Vintage watch dealer. I took several watches in that were left to my husband & I. The one I am most interested in is the Waltham ladies wristwatch. The dealer opened it & the serial#270643.. confirmed the year 1928-29, he also stated that it is 14K white gold...not gold filled? It has a "link" wristband by Hadley which says pat. pend 12012K... I was told it could cost about $350.-$400 to restore. Would this be an appropriate cost to restore? I also have 2 Bulova mens watches cira 1940's. One is a Bulova PGF Curvex Style 14K gold filled. I found the exact same one I have online for sale $1250 Mine doesn't run.( that's my luck ) The other Bulova cira 1940's is 10K gold filled. It runs but doesn't stay running very long! Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hello! Welcome to our little forum!

Most agree that we need decent pictures of the watches for us to tell you what kind of condition they're in, what models you have and if they've been restored or parts have been swapped.

Good luck in finding out some more info! :thumbup1:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1928-29 Waltham Ladies Watch..just started to run??

Thanks for the reply. I don't know terminology yet (but I will learn quickly!) I can't figure out how to open the back to take photos of the movement.
The vintage jewelers said It's dated 1928-29 from the serial numbers (270643..) as I wrote above.
I don't wanna brake something or ruin it. I managed to get it outta the case but I can't figure out how to get the back off to show the movements without bending or scratching it? The crystal is clear but the (dial??) the part with the numbers on it is very dark. The hands are blue in color.
I will try to figure out how to send photos of it as soon as I can. It was my husbands Grandmothers watch before she married. Surprise for me...it just started to run! Probably not for long though, but maybe a good sign in a decision to restore it after all.
Thanks again

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I don't know terminology yet (but I will learn quickly!) I can't figure out how to open the back to take photos of the movement.
The vintage jewelers said It's dated 1928-29 from the serial numbers (270643..) as I wrote above.
I don't wanna brake something or ruin it. I managed to get it outta the case but I can't figure out how to get the back off to show the movements without bending or scratching it? The crystal is clear but the (dial??) the part with the numbers on it is very dark. The hands are blue in color.
I will try to figure out how to send photos of it as soon as I can. It was my husbands Grandmothers watch before she married. Surprise for me...it just started to run! Probably not for long though, but maybe a good sign in a decision to restore it after all.
Thanks again
Hi Gr8Life,
Welcome to the American forum!
It is quite true, photos help a great deal around here... They help us get a grasp on what you have, much easier.

Here is a quick video tutorial that will help you out.

http://www.watchtalkforums.info/forums/faqs-guidelines-rules/47067.htm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.