WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across this gold Patek Philippe wristwatch that used to be a pocket watch.
Been searching all over but am unable to locate anything like it.
Has anyone seen a similar model or can point me in the right direction please?
Watch Brown Analog watch Clock Watch accessory
Watch Brown Light Analog watch Clock
Amber Wood Font Tints and shades Peach

·
Administrator
6,991 Posts
Pics are way too out of focus to confirm much of anything. That said, if it was a pocket watch converted into a wrist watch, its unlikely you will find another exact match as it wasn't something made by Patek.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Pics are way too out of focus to confirm much of anything. That said, if it was a pocket watch converted into a wrist watch, its unlikely you will find another exact match as it wasn't something made by Patek.
Thanks for the quick replay. Assuming it was an authentic Patek pocket watch converted to a wristwatch by master-watchmaker. Does it make the watch more valuable (one of a kind) or less since it was not done by the Patek company?
I mean would it even hold the packet watch's original value since it was alerted?
It's been authenticated and appraised by a professional art gallery at $20,000-25,000.
I love it because the dial is a bit bigger than a regular wristwatch. Just not sure if it's worth that much.
ps. Yes, the pictures are bad, taken by me while I was looking at the watch.

·
Administrator
6,991 Posts
No, it doesn't increase the value of the watch to have a third party convert a pocket watch like that but that doesn't mean the finished product has no value. Dont believe the old line that appraisals are an accurate representation of the true value of something. Many are done for 'insurance purposes' and are so inflated its ridiculous (jewelry & Art immediately come to mind) and others miss the mark on the low side. The only really accurate value is the one that someone is willing to pay for an item. There are a couple of Patek enthusiasts here on this forum but i would also suggest you post this same query over on the NAWCC site where there are quite a few Patek enthusiasts. They probably wont give you a value but they're better suited to gauging interest in these types of watches. Best of luck!

Btw.... I'll suggest that you'll need to up your game in taking photos when seeking opinions on the NAWCC. 😉

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, it doesn't increase the value of the watch to have a third party convert a pocket watch like that but that doesn't mean the finished product has no value. Dont believe the old line that appraisals are an accurate representation of the true value of something. Many are done for 'insurance purposes' and are so inflated its ridiculous (jewelry & Art immediately come to mind) and others miss the mark on the low side. The only really accurate value is the one that someone is willing to pay for an item. There are a couple of Patek enthusiasts here on this forum but i would also suggest you post this same query over on the NAWCC site where there are quite a few Patek enthusiasts. They probably wont give you a value but they're better suited to gauging interest in these types of watches. Best of luck!

Btw.... I'll suggest that you'll need to up your game in taking photos when seeking opinions on the NAWCC. 😉
Thanks so much for the advice. I appreciate it. I will go back to the place and try to take better pictures for sure. I was so pumped when I saw this watch on the display.
And this coming from a guy who does not wear watches :). Have a wonderful rest of the week!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts