WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My first post....

My one year old AT with 1538 Quartz will not adjust date/hour hand in crown position 2, crown spins freely but nothing happens on the dial. In position 3, second hand stops, hour and minute hands move as they should and date increments every 24 hrs.

Watch is otherwise healthy, loses 1 sec/month.

Is this a common failure?

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Hello,
My first post....

My one year old AT with 1538 Quartz will not adjust date/hour hand in crown position 2, crown spins freely but nothing happens on the dial. In position 3, second hand stops, hour and minute hands move as they should and date increments every 24 hrs.

Watch is otherwise healthy, loses 1 sec/month.

Is this a common failure?

Thanks...
Hi, welcome to Watch Talk.

I am not familiar with this problem. My SMP has the 1538 and has worked flawlessly since I got it 3 years ago. At what time of day were you trying to set the date?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. First time I attempted to set the date was 8 a.m. on 2/29. I am now planning to send it Omega repair in N.J.
Regards,
Van

Hi, welcome to Watch Talk.

I am not familiar with this problem. My SMP has the 1538 and has worked flawlessly since I got it 3 years ago. At what time of day were you trying to set the date?

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Thanks for your reply. First time I attempted to set the date was 8 a.m. on 2/29. I am now planning to send it Omega repair in N.J.
Regards,
Van
Hi Van,

First off, is it possible that the watch was in fact set to 8 PM? Because that would explain some things.

I would avoid the NJ office and go with the Florida one instead. I've heard much better things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts