WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my opinion this is the perfect Rolex watch! I will take this over any model i have owned to date! This watch to me is far superior to the Daytona but thats just my opinion!

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To start:
The new clasp is second to none. Not only is it sturdy and robust it is very comfortable and gives you a feeling of security on the wrist.
The Maxi Dial is very legible and well balanced
The date magnifier has anit glare and the date is easy to read under all lights i have encountered.
the ceramic bezel is tough and profesional and allows you the security to not be afraid to wear the watch in all occasions.
the Green hand and lettering are different from the copy cats and other dive watches and i like green!
the Band is elegant enough but yet masculine enough to wear with suit and or jeans
The movement is refined easy to use and with the added protection of utilizing the blue Parachrom hairspring gives you the added shock protection for those extra hard days.
Along with solid links on the band what else is there to improve?

I love this watch!

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
Mike: I have not seen the new GMT in person; but, I do agree with you on the maxi dial. I have the LV and comparing it to my friend's Sub, I like the Maxi better.

I just hope that when Rolex does upgrade the Sub to the maxi dial (rumors-2009), that they do something different to it, so that the LV is still different.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree! Maybe it will be a mere image of the new GMTII but with an all brushed Band! The Submariner will be harsd to improve on besides the maxi dial maybe some red lettering again!!!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I agree with MikeS

Every time I put my 116710 on I fall in love it with again. I also believe it is Rolex's best offering in their current lineup of already great watches.

I'm still traveling for work, but when I get home I'll take a pic of mine.

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
I just hope that when Rolex does upgrade the Sub to the maxi dial (rumors-2009), that they do something different to it, so that the LV is still different.
Well, I'll go on a limb here & say they're gonna use the same dial as the LV. If you look at the new GMT, it sure looks to me to be identical to my LV, save the printing. I can't imaging they'd do anything different to the dial. Except the new Sub will have the rolex rolex engraving on the inner ring.

But don't worry, the LV still have the green & the old clasp!

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Because Mike says that about every Rolex watch he's bought! :laugh::001_tt2:

Well JBH is correct but this one feels different! But now i feel i can expand out of the Rolex line and adventure to new lines since i bought the GMTII!:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Man, I wish I had mine unwrapped so I could take some pictures!!!!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
To start:
The new clasp is second to none. Not only is it sturdy and robust it is very comfortable and gives you a feeling of security on the wrist.
The Maxi Dial is very legible and well balanced
The date magnifier has anit glare and the date is easy to read under all lights i have encountered.
the ceramic bezel is tough and profesional and allows you the security to not be afraid to wear the watch in all occasions.
the Green hand and lettering are different from the copy cats and other dive watches and i like green!
the Band is elegant enough but yet masculine enough to wear with suit and or jeans
The movement is refined easy to use and with the added protection of utilizing the blue Parachrom hairspring gives you the added shock protection for those extra hard days.
Along with solid links on the band what else is there to improve?

I love this watch!
Not much I can add here.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Yeah, when you glance at the time, it's not easy to notice. I feel that you actually need to be looking for the inscription to notice it - it's not on a surface you would normally check. Sort of the same idea as the laser-etched crown in the crystal at the 6 position.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Let me explain it this way:

This watch is just as perfect as the car :thumbup1:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Yeah Hannes! Mine too!!!! ///M

·
Registered
121 Posts
I bought mine in August and actually use it everyday since I fly helicopters for a living.
The problem I have with this watch is the bezel will not stop just anywhere on the dial.
The 24 clicks for the bezel to rotate 360 is to large of a jump for what I really need.
My other GMT-II (red/blk) lets you stop the bezel at any point.

It may not sound like a big deal, but I use the bezel on every flight for a number of things. Position reports, fuel burn, Patient Pickup, Liftoff and landings, etc. along with the time and GMT time.

Maybe someday that will change.

It is my everyday watch and I love it

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
TinStar:

Have you considered something other than a Rolex for the flights? Scott D may be able to point you to another watch, as he has some flight watches that are non-Rolex.

Or, could an AD modify the bezel?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts