WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title say's this is my first post on this forum. I am new into the watch world and have really enjoyed looking on this site at some beautiful time pieces.

I am looking at purchasing the 10661 Sea Ghost Skeleton, I love the contrast between the black and blue internal parts. My question is, does anyone have any experience with this particular watch?

I couldn’t find any reviews online or any comments about this particular watch. It comes with a Seagull 3600k movement, from what I’ve read here it seems to be pretty decent?

Well hopefully someone here has some experience with this watch and can provide some feedback.

Thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome to the madness!! A true mechanical for your first is a good choice. Sea Gull movements were not popular years ago, but today they are robust and their QC has improved dramaticly. Just remember, a true mechanical must be wound. Congrats on your new purchase, and please post pis when it arrives.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I love the detail in this movement which ultimately led me to choose this particular watch, plus the Black/Blue combo.

Question on the winding part, I understand a mechanical movement needs to be wound but how often?

·
Registered
37 Posts
The best way to tell is look at the mainspring. When it's fully wound it will be bunched up together. Within a few hours you will notice the mainspring has loosened up a bit. As the day goes by the spring will get looser, eventually time will start to slow down. If you wear this every day, I would recommend winding first thing in the morning before you start your day and you'll be good all day. You never want to overwind a mechanical. Wind it until you feel resistance in the crown, you will feel it as the spring tightens, and then you stop.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I received my Sea Ghost this weekend, all i can say is wow. The watch is beautiful, no complaints at all. I love the detail in the the movement, great scroll work!!

Here are a couple of pics. (sorry for the cell phone pics)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.