WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and looking for some help, I have searched the internet for several days now looking for a every day watch in the $50-150 range that will fit my 10 inch wrist, all I have been able to find are more versions of the same cheap $40 watch I got from my local big & tall chain store. I had bought a nice watch with a 51mm face but could not find a watchband long enough to make the watch work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I live in the USA, California to be more exact, I would like a watchband that can be worn in water and would like to spend $50 or less, as for a watch I would like something with about a 50mm face $150 range, this will be my everyday watch.
Buying online is fine as long as there are pictures.
This is my current POS watch and no my wrist is not swollen.

Sent from my Samsung Admire

·
Registered
20,788 Posts
You're going to have a hell of a time finding anywhere to make a strap for $50 or less. Even at $100-125 it's not easy, especially if you want any type of quality at all. If you want a bracelet, fo'geta'bouttit...

The best bet for that size is a Nato or Zulu nylon strap. Not sure if you like those, but those are easy to find in that size, and are less than $20. But leather, rubber or steel? Nope... :sad:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the help and links, I have decided to go with the band you linked me to in black paired with a black on black Timex Expedition Altimeter version watch face, I think the combo should look good together, and it seems to be a good everyday watch.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Thanks for the help and links, I have decided to go with the band you linked me to in black paired with a black on black Timex Expedition Altimeter version watch face, I think the combo should look good together, and it seems to be a good everyday watch.
You certainly can't go wrong with that combination! It should serve you very well.

Oh ... and don't forget to come back and post us a picture of your new watch band, when it arrives. I'm anxious to see what it looks like on your wrist.

OkeefenokeeJoe

·
Registered
751 Posts
maybe this may help--go to the bay and buy 2 steel watch bands (same brand) and remove the removable links from one band and put them onto the other band. this may give an additional couple of inches. the option of a custom band makes sense.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Finally a watchband that will fit my wrist, I had my wrist measured at the big and tall store and it actually measured 10.25". Here is the watchband the watch going with it should be at my house when I get home today.

Thanks again for the help.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.