is ball way overpriced for what they are?

WINNER OF THE BALL WATCH PHOTO COMPETITION

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: is ball way overpriced for what they are?

Platinum Patron Member WTF Veteran WWIIBuff's Avatar

My Watchbox

Default is ball way overpriced for what they are?

lets face it for years if you wanted an auto watch with tritium tubes you were stuck with ball but now this so many others using the tubes. Is ball the best buy for your money? look at what deep blue, android and others are offering and make a call for yourself. is it the $800 SWISS ETA T100 deep blue or the $3,000 t25 swiss eta ball that floats yours boat. just wondering what people think and, how they want to spend their money.
    Gets the shakes if no watch talk in a 24 hour period

Super Moderator WTF Veteran CometHunter's Avatar
    (I'm having a good day. Don't screw it up!)

My Watchbox

Yes, I think the higher end models are too high end! But this is coming from a person with (very) limited means. If I'd had to pay full price, even with any kind of AD discount, I would not be a Ball owner. I was very lucky... (1) the Fireman II is on the low end of the price list and (2) I got it second-hand for about $900. Even so, that's the most I've ever paid for a watch and probably the most I ever will. There's no way I can afford a brand-new one.
    -Bill

WTF Administration Team
    The Hamilton Forum
    The Beginner's Watch Forum
    The *Original* Invicta Forum

WTF Veteran

My Watchbox

While I would argue that Ball is doing things Deep Blue, Android, and others are not (and probably can not at their price level), I tend to agree with you a bit, mostly due to the recent significant price increases. Even 5 years ago, Ball was the undisputed "bang for the buck" leader, now, not so much

WTF Veteran
    (Of all the watches I have had... Not one Omega has ever been bad!��)

My Watchbox

I am certainly glad I found Ball before the most current prices took effect. I feel fortunate to have a Ball EM II Diver and even more fortunate to have a Ball EH Trieste. That one caused a little harsh discussion at home. My. Lovely wife has been fairly tolerant of my obsession, but will never understand it.
    Until finances improve, there will be no new watches in my home:(!
    When I look at retail prIcing for new watches, I don't think Ball is unreasonable, just out of reach for me in my current position!
    The thing I most appreciate about Ball (other than amazing watches) is incredible customer service!

Others may net agree. That's OK. I am still a huge fan of Ball Watch!

Just my 2 cents,

Jeff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    eddiea likes this.

My Watchbox

That's true. I needed warranty service done on mine and they were fantastic! A+
    -Bill

WTF Administration Team
    The Hamilton Forum

My Watchbox

I first bought a Ball watch because I thought they provided great value without the marketing driven premium that bigger names fetch. I have a Power Reserve, WorldTimer and recently picked up a Red Label GMT--which will be delivered next week. Needless to say, I am a fan.

My Watchbox

Don't forget...when you post pictures, it makes the Moderators happy and then they don't shake you down for annual dues.
    -Bill

WTF Administration Team
    The Hamilton Forum

WTF Full Member

My Watchbox

The Mrs picked up a Engineer Mater II DLC and likes it. The AD has been good about relaying a good value:$ and this was one of the watches. In that regard depends on your definition of "value". There are watches that cost far more and those that are less. The sad part is that she picked it up in Feb '13 and we just sent it to Ball for warranty service. When winding the watch, it felt like it was missing a few teeth/gears. :( She bought a Casio in the meantime. Now that is value but among Casio watches, maybe not so since it comes fora mass factory in China. YMMV. :)

WTF Full Member

My Watchbox

Never forget that you always get what you pay for. If lume is your thing, nobody does it better than Ball!

I am a fan of the Fireman series, having both an original Fireman 43mm and Night Train, and while on the lower end of the Ball pricing scale, they are worth every penny to me!

My Watchbox

I reviewed hundreds of watches and after all I found that the Ball watches have best look/quality/value ratio (at least for me). I decided to buy new Ball Eternity and I'm really happy with this watch. It looks much better in real life than in pictures. I do not think that they are overpriced. In reality if people will not buy it they will reduce the price to the level where people will start to buy. It is matter of reputation, quality, marketing, etc ... I think everyone understand that the production price of Patek Phillipe is far away from $35000 they want for some of the watches.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information