Looking for genuine Bulova Accutron Mickey Mouse Watch - Page 4

Winner of the Bulova-Accutron-Caravelle Masthead Contest
AWF_01_1

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Looking for genuine Bulova Accutron Mickey Mouse Watch

Moderator WTF Full Member rollerberg2000's Avatar

My Watchbox

That one is in much better shape than mine! Nice looking Mickey.

This thread is very old, I'm sure the original poster has moved on.

As a side note, I'm glad this thread exists, this is how I originally found WTF, I was searching for any information on my watch!

My Watchbox

Hello,
    You know number of case different there have been concerning the Bulova accutron 218 Mickey ?

Super Moderator WTF Veteran CometHunter's Avatar
    (I'm having a good day. Don't screw it up!)

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by rollerberg2000 View Post
    ...This thread is very old, I'm sure the original poster has moved on....
    You could say that. He hasn't posted anything since 2013, August!
    -Bill

WTF Administration Team
    The Hamilton Forum
    The Beginner's Watch Forum
    The *Original* Invicta Forum

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by kkeckk View Post
    Probably won't get a response back on this thread but thought I would give it a try just in case. I have the watch you are looking for, never worn, box and papers included. It was gifted to my grandparents by Jimmy MacDonald crazily enough. Everything on the watch is original. I have been looking everywhere on the internet and have not found anything to put a price on it, so I am here for advice on value.
    Attachment 211917Attachment 211919
    Hello kkeckk ,
    You can accept my friend request please

See you soon
    Xavier

My Watchbox

I apologize if I was ignorant to the forum rules, though I am not assuming any value to the watch or trying to sell it here. Just thought I would share a cool story about the watch. The name “Jimmy McDonald” is one of the original voice actors for Mickey Mouse. My grandparents got to know Walt Disney through a friend, and through that relationship they got invited to dinner with Jimmy (where the watch was presented). Does anyone here know the best way to get the watch valued and/or get in touch with collectors? I don’t know if posting the pictures of all the serial numbers on here is a great idea just in case they get used to produce fakes. Didn’t expect to get replies on here so I forgot to check back sooner! Thanks everyone

Super Moderator WTF Veteran CometHunter's Avatar
    (I'm having a good day. Don't screw it up!)

My Watchbox

Apology accepted, although the WTF Rules of Conduct ARE readily available to anyone who bothers to look.
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................

But as to the watch; it is most definitely a cool story. It's hard to get cooler than being able to say they associated with Walt Disney & Company. Pity that you supply no provenance on the watch or the friendships involved!

As a result, to put an official value to the watch, I'd say do your homework and search the web for antiques appraisers, or log onto Angie's List and let them search for appraisers on your behalf. (I'd say it's worth the effort, inasmuch as genuine Mickey Mouse Accutrons have SOLD on eBay for close to one thousand dollars (Ebay >Advanced Search>Sold Listings)!

To get in touch with collectors, do what you're doing right now! Haunt all the watch collector websites and advertise your desires at what you think are the most likely forums to achieve success.

And no. Posting pix of watch serial numbers in general is not a good idea. It has nothing to do with "the ability to generate fakes" That can be done with ANY randomly chosen number with the correct amount of digits! The prevailing idea (if I understand it correctly) is that unscrupulous people can take that serial number, claim the watch is stolen, and generate a false insurance claim for the money. Such an event could bite you in the ass when you go to sell the watch on a legitimate venue (like one of the established auction houses).

Our best wishes and good luck!
    -Bill

WTF Administration Team
    The Hamilton Forum
    The Beginner's Watch Forum
    The *Original* Invicta Forum

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information