Possible Problem with New Invicta 0078

Winner of the 2011 Invicta Photo Contest

Thread: Possible Problem with New Invicta 0078

My Watchbox

Default Possible Problem with New Invicta 0078

I got my new-in-box 0078 in the mail yesterday. Unfortunately there seems to be a problem with it, and before I send it all the way back from Guam and wait for a replacement to come all the way back out, I was hoping someone could tell me if I'm just being an idiot and forgot something simple.

I took it out of the box and unwrapped the protective plastic material from the band and face. Nothing was moving at the time. Took out the Ronda directions and saw how to set the date and time so I did. Movement was super smooth. When I moved the crown back to position 1 (the starting position, all the way closed), nothing happened. I expected the time to start ticking on the small second hand but it did not move. Ten minutes later the time had not changed at all. I started the chronograph and it seems to work with no problem. I reset it and everthing functioned normally.

At this point I think I've ruled out the battery (as the chronograph works).

I feel like I've followed the (simple!) instructions Ronda provided for their 5040D movement.

What could I be missing? It's such a pain to get stuff mailed out here. The watch is in fantastic shape, the packaging was fine. I don't think it was damaged in-transit.

Here's a link to the watch. Certainly it can be found in other stores as well: Amazon.com: Invicta Men's 0078 II Collection Chronograph Stainless Steel Watch: Invicta: Watches

Thanks!

RN

Platinum Patron Member WTF Veteran patsbosoxfan's Avatar

My Watchbox

Sounds like you received a defective watch. I've never heard of the chronograph working but not the time, so this is new to me. I sounds like you understand how to operate a chronograph. The crown is closed all the way, and its the small seconds hand that is running. Usually the 5040D is a solid movement. Sorry for your trouble. I would suggest returning it to the seller.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by patsbosoxfan; 04-27-2012 at 06:38 AM.

My Watchbox

patsbosoxfan, thanks for the reply. I was afraid of that. Looks like I'll be sending this back. With any luck they'll have another one of the same model. It's really a nice watch.

Thread Information