Discount Watch Store Review: Invicta S1 Racing Team Chronograph - Page 2

Winner of the 2011 Invicta Photo Contest

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Discount Watch Store Review: Invicta S1 Racing Team Chronograph

Banned WTF Veteran

My Watchbox

The review is fine as it is, nothing wrong with the humor and I don't think the seller is offended with this.

My Watchbox

Thanks for the review. I just threw all nine of my Invictas in the trash. I'm too embarrassed to wear them now. Not.

When a watch catches my eye is is NOT because of its complications or the number of hands circulating around but elegant simplicity and subdued colors. I'm guessing watches, such as the one reviewed, meets a price point and may have been designed by someone from a different part of the world thus reflecting that taste. Somebody thought it was worth producing looking as it does.

Now, I have never figured out why men are supposed to be in love with chronographs? How many of you time things during the day...if ever? I guess that is a dim bulb gimmick for us knuckle dragger's who like the complications. Of the nine I have I had to settle for three chronos. GMT or a rotating bezel is fine.

Just my 2 piasters on the subject.

My Watchbox

Wwoof - organic farms?

Also, I agree. I lot of watches at this price seem determined to imply functionality by incorporating unnecessary distractions like chronographs or sliding calculators that measure things I have no interest measuring. I prefer straightforward legibility to feigned complexity. The Invicta featured at the top of this forum, for example - the photo contest winner - is gorgeous. It probably cost significantly more, but you can at least read the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Omega Speedmaster 5210.51.00
    Oris der Meistertaucher Regulator
    Oris Chronoris GP70 (0733/1970)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information