Girard-Perregaux Fake?

Thread: Girard-Perregaux Fake?

My Watchbox

Default Girard-Perregaux Fake?

Hey all,

What do you make of this watch? I'm not sure what I'm seeing at all.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Thanks!

Super Moderator WTF Veteran CometHunter's Avatar
    (I'm having a good day. Don't screw it up!)

My Watchbox

I don't think it's fake- just old and ordinary. GPs back then were not the luxury watches you see today!
    Its Golana movement was aimed at the European market. Sturdy but very middle-class. They went bankrupt and the name has since been purchased by a company that now makes expensive quartz watches. And that mesh strap won't tolerate much perspiration before it will turn the skin green.

$26 is an OK price considering it needs to be cleaned and oiled and the crystal replaced (those scratches are too heavy to be buffed out).
    -Bill

WTF Administration Team
    The Hamilton Forum
    The Beginner's Watch Forum
    The *Original* Invicta Forum

Banned WTF Veteran

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by CometHunter
    I don't think it's fake- just old and ordinary. GPs back then were not the luxury watches you see today!
    Its Golana movement was aimed at the European market. Sturdy but very middle-class. They went bankrupt and the name has since been purchased by a company that now makes expensive quartz watches. And that mesh strap won't tolerate much perspiration before it will turn the skin green.

$26 is an OK price considering it needs to be cleaned and oiled and the crystal replaced (those scratches are too heavy to be buffed out).
    +1. when you buy vintage and it hasn't been serviced your looking at a $170 watch. I know from my mistakes

Thread Information