Is it an original invicta?

Winner of the 2011 Invicta Photo Contest

Thread: Is it an original invicta?

My Watchbox

Default Is it an original invicta?

Hi my name is rbreban, im 28 from PR. Today i received my first watch in my collection(i guess you cant call it a collection with just one). I am not rich, i will never own a Rolex or Patek Philippe not because i dont like them it's just because i will never be able to afford them. the only thing i know about watches is that they can be use to tell time and that in recent months i have had an increasingly desire to own them all. So my first piece is an Invicta Russian Diver from eBay > I'm not sure if i can post the link of the item without violating rules since i haven't read the rules of the forums yet(i will later).This guy had 99.9% of positive feedback with sales in the thousands. I notice today he received a negative feedback from i guy claiming he got a Chinese replica. Could mine be one since my Russian diver does not have date...please pardon my ignorance and the second reason i joined this forum was to learn more about my new passion time machines. The seller is the only one offering them at $69.99 with free shipping and have seven different styles to choose from so you'll get a better idea of the watch. Still im happier than a dog with 2 tails with my first real watch. Thank you all.

My Watchbox

Default Do not worry :)

I am from Russia. Newbie on this forum, but Invicta collect a couple of years and I have over 20 Invicta watches. Do not worry, I have never seen fakes.

Platinum Patron Member WTF Veteran patsbosoxfan's Avatar

My Watchbox

I have never seen a fake documented anywhere.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

My Watchbox

Default bad news

I just came across this website.

I am not happy to say the least..I recently got into Invicta's and have been shopping on ebay. How do i know if i have purchased replica watches? Most fo the invictas on the site above say "out of stock". Not sure if they are not making them or are they out of stock because some ebayers are buying them up. Does any1 have any info on replicas being sold on ebay? If you flip thru that website you'll see the extent they goto to produce a fake that is hard to detect. If a watch is out of stock on shopnbc and that same watch is say 899.99 at WOW(or some other watch website)...then how can someone sell the same watch for 600.00 brand new(saying they just bought it)? For example do they still make a SAN III 4369/4370/4371???

For ex: I just made a move on this watch eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
    Then i came across this while doing some searches:

They look real similar to me. Now lets be clear I'm not accusing this seller of anything. I'm just merely asking what i determine to be legit questions. Any opinions would be welcomed. Thank you.
    Last edited by patsbosoxfan; 01-03-2012 at 06:27 AM.

My Watchbox

Default found another

just found this...IN STOCK

THIS DON'T LOOK GOOD.
    Last edited by patsbosoxfan; 01-03-2012 at 06:28 AM.

My Watchbox

You have just come across a site that will take your money and never deliver a watch. That is how they are able to sell it so cheaply. I have to remove the links in your post. Stick to legitimate websites with proven track records. Our forum sponsor, discount watch store, has an excellent record. This subject seems to keep coming up as if Invicta was Rolex. Fakes are made of luxury watch brands and Invicta is not a luxury watch brand. Fakes are made of easily recognizable watch brands, and although we all know about Invicta here, ask a stranger, and they will have probably never heard of them. (Although that is changing) None of my friends ever have. Also the price is not advantageous enough to produce fakes.

My Watchbox

Default Thank you

1st there is no need to appolgize about the link removal. 2nd thanks for the input,it is greatly appreciated. I actually never knew of those websites until I did a "yahoo search" for the watch i bought. I was concernd about how similar the watches looked. After doing some reading I learned about the different versions of replicas (fakes). I had no clue there were diferent versions(swiss fake/japanesse fake/asian fake etc). It's ridiculous. I also see your point about it not being worth making fakes due to the cost and the prices of the originals.However when i saw the exact watch I purchased for around 249.00 and then I paid 725.00, i'd deem that worth it. But then I saw some of the lesser costing models (basic pro divers and russian divers) costing more for the fakes than the actual watches so that may prove your statement about those sites taking money and not sending anything at all. Anyway, thanks for your input and taking the time to share the information you have on this topic.

My Watchbox

What you said about the inconsistency in pricing is a tell tale sign of a scam site. That SAN II could go anywhere in between $550 and $1200 depending upon the sale/special but when its cheaper than a quartz SAN III ... SCAM. These sites pop up then disappear and most are based in Asia. Also if there are typos, allow for one or two, but if they are all over the site that's a big warning.

My Watchbox

Default Funny thing

It seems they have several different sites but are operated by the same entity. They even brag they are not like other replica sites because they give their address.I googled the address and it's a SITE SEEING TOUR COMPANY IN NEY YORK!!!!go figure. THey go on to brag that some people have questioned if they use pics of the real watches to make thier fakes look better...answer: NO, we have a professional photographer come in and shoot over 6000 fake watche pics....hil-F'N-larious....so my watch looks like the fake(nd vise versa) for a reason...they are using real pics of the real watches!!!

Thread Information