Another 300M Seamaster Chrono question.

WINNER OF THE SEAMASTER PHOTO COMPETITION

Heritage Auction

Thread: Another 300M Seamaster Chrono question.

My Watchbox

Default Another 300M Seamaster Chrono question.

Hello All-

So after spending way too much time thinking about getting my first nice new watch, I have finally adjusted my sights on a new black face 300M Seamaster Chrono.

Over the past couple weeks, I have been to several AD's and one Omega Boutique store and have actually seen and tried on the watch. Long story short, it fits great and feels great. The problem that has been giving me heartburn is that the AD's around here (Washington D.C. area) have NOT been willing to budge in price and are asking full $4100 retail. Jarred's is the only dealer coming in at about 15% off, and that still seems high.

As much as I do like this watch, paying what they are asking does not feel right. At this point, I am considering gray market unless I can find a AD who is willing to work with me. That said, are there any suggestions out there as to how I may be able to get a better price or who I should be talking to? I am ready to buy today, provided I can find a good deal!

Any and all suggestions are welcomed as I am feeling a bit frustrated at the moment. If need be, please pm me and thanks in advance for your help.

Dano

Banned WTF Veteran
    (Be faithful to one woman. Have flings with hundreds of watches. ™)

Beach Haven, NJ (no, it does not smell here)

My Watchbox

Dano, I can help you. Check your PM's for suggestions about dealers who I've dealt with (most are sponsors here).

Thread Information