Omega Speedmaster Day-Date (3220.50.00 ) vs. Omega Planet Ocean (222.30.42.20.01.001)

WINNER OF THE SEAMASTER PHOTO COMPETITION

Heritage Auction

Thread: Omega Speedmaster Day-Date (3220.50.00 ) vs. Omega Planet Ocean (222.30.42.20.01.001)

My Watchbox

Default Omega Speedmaster Day-Date (3220.50.00 ) vs. Omega Planet Ocean (222.30.42.20.01.001)

Hey everyone,

I'm planning on purchasing my very first Omega watch (first actual watch for that matter) and was wondering if you can help me decide between these two Omega watches (Omega Speedmaster Day-Date (3220.50.00) vs. Omega Planet Ocean (222.30.42.20.01.001)). If there are any other watches you would like to suggest (which have the similar style and price range), please feel free to share.

Speedmaster - Day-Date (OMEGA Watches: Speedmaster Day-Date - Steel on steel - 3220.50.00)
    Planet Ocean (OMEGA Watches: Seamaster Planet Ocean - Steel on steel - 222.30.42.20.01.001)

Any advice or experiences with any of the watches would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
    toc-tic

WTF Veteran

My Watchbox

Out of these 2, I would suggest the Speedmaster because of 2 reasons mainly
    1. I really like the design of the speedy, it is a classic
    2. I doesn't have the 2500 co-axial. I don't know the status of the current series/batch of 2500 movements, but in the past, they have stopped abruptly.

Banned WTF Veteran
    (Be faithful to one woman. Have flings with hundreds of watches. ™)

Beach Haven, NJ (no, it does not smell here)

My Watchbox

I like those Speedies too. The movement is based on the Valjoux 7751, a proven reliable entity. The blue and the silver dials also look good.

My Watchbox

Default Seamaster

I think the Seamaster has a slightly more elegant look than the Speedy.

Speedy for sure . . . The looks of the very distinguished bezel is really beautiful . . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(peace ;))

My Watchbox

It all depends because they are 2 completely different designs 1 is a chronogragh the other a 3 hand auto i would compare the Speedmaster day- date to the New Seamaster P.O chronogragh with 9300 co-axial movement you get the best of both worlds right there

Peace ;)

("The quality remains long after the price has been forgotten.")

My Watchbox

As mentioned these are two completely different watches the Planet Ocean has a sporty, heavy quality feel be careful as it can look to big for your wrist if you go for the 45mm XL piece. I've had mine for over a year now and not had any problems with it stopping suddenly ??.
    The Triple date is more of a dress watch, elegant looking. Not as big or as heavy as the PO. The only problem I found was if left for just weekend wear, setting the day, date and month got a little tedious.
    Its a tough choice but a nice position to be in. Whichever you choose you'll not be dissapointed

Thread Information