Prometheus Ocean Diver Chronograph - Page 2
 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 19 of 19
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Prometheus Ocean Diver Chronograph

  1. #11
    BHP
    BHP is offline
    WTF Junior Member BHP's Avatar
    ("Will Photoshop/photograph for food.")

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    67

    My Watchbox

    Default

    Here is the basic rundown of most everything I have to use:


    As for the setup: there is no one setup. I change EVERYTHING around according to the shot and the type of light I want.

    The ones of this watch (where it is wet) were shot outside by a rock, in some sand, on a 1/2 sheet baking tray with a hose running water over the whole thing.

    I know it is not what you are looking for but I have no real setup. I just throw together what I need for the shot

    Here is an image and a behind the scenes shot to go with it.




    These were done before I had the two strobes but uses the same sand and baking tray.

    It is all an illusion.

  2. #12
    WTF Veteran GoDuke1's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,448

    My Watchbox

    Default

    Good set up! I would have thought that was taken at the beach!
    I've got too many hobbies...

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoDuke1 View Post
    Good set up! I would have thought that was taken at the beach!
    Yep - had me fooled too. GREAT shot! Thanks so much for this information - very beneficial.

    So that's foam core over top the stage providing the diffusion of the light from your flashes?

  4. #14
    New Member reliefcp's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    18

    My Watchbox

    Default

    Great shots BHP! I have seen your excellent photography before. Thats the first Prometheus I have really loved. I may have to pick one up down the road.

  5. #15
    BHP
    BHP is offline
    WTF Junior Member BHP's Avatar
    ("Will Photoshop/photograph for food.")

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    67

    My Watchbox

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoDuke1 View Post
    Good set up! I would have thought that was taken at the beach!
    Behold the power of the Jedi mind trick.

    Quote Originally Posted by JBHII View Post
    Yep - had me fooled too. GREAT shot! Thanks so much for this information - very beneficial.

    So that's foam core over top the stage providing the diffusion of the light from your flashes?
    There is no foam core in this shot. It is all semitransparent plastic.

    Quote Originally Posted by reliefcp View Post
    Great shots BHP! I have seen your excellent photography before. Thats the first Prometheus I have really loved. I may have to pick one up down the road.
    You just never know who you will see here. We need to do another GGT someday ... soon.

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BHP View Post

    There is no foam core in this shot. It is all semitransparent plastic.
    OK - that makes much more sense.

    Where do you get sheets of that stuff like what you have pictured?

    BTW, the photo showing the flash on the flash guns is amazing in and of itself - you must have had a brief delay on your trigger?

  7. #17
    BHP
    BHP is offline
    WTF Junior Member BHP's Avatar
    ("Will Photoshop/photograph for food.")

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    67

    My Watchbox

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBHII View Post
    OK - that makes much more sense.

    Where do you get sheets of that stuff like what you have pictured?

    BTW, the photo showing the flash on the flash guns is amazing in and of itself - you must have had a brief delay on your trigger?
    The plastic came from Tap Plastics. For the BTS shot, there was no delay. The main flash (550EX) was triggered by wire and then triggered the 430EX via IR.
    Last edited by BHP; 06-17-2011 at 12:12 AM.

  8. #18
    WTF Full Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Richardson, Texas - suburb of Dallas
    Posts
    292

    My Watchbox

    Default

    Duh-Ang!!! Incredible shots!!!

  9. #19
    BHP
    BHP is offline
    WTF Junior Member BHP's Avatar
    ("Will Photoshop/photograph for food.")

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    67

    My Watchbox

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave0013 View Post
    Duh-Ang!!! Incredible shots!!!
    Thank you Dave.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

ShowCase, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.