Invicta 9404!!!

Winner of the 2011 Invicta Photo Contest

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By disgruntledtater

Thread: Invicta 9404!!!

(Wrist or pocket I don't discriminate!)

My Watchbox

Default Invicta 9404!!!

So I took the plunge (pun intended) and bought a Pro Diver 9404! It just arrived today!!

Out of the box it was too big for my wrist but luckily I have a buddy who works in the Sears watch dept who removed the links for me. I already love this watch! It has a great look and feel and it's nice and heavy!

This is actually my first Invicta but I've been considering purchasing one for the last month or so. I've collected antique pocket watches for a little while now so it's nice to have something that's new and shiny for a change! I love that it's an automatic jeweled movement too so it's like my pw's (except the automatic part).

I have a feeling that this may be the first of many Invictas!

Cheers!

**My photos were taken with my iPhone but I'll have higher res photos soon!**

EDIT* It feels like the crown resists a little too much when I'm screwing it down/unscrewing it like it's slightly grinding against something. Is this normal or is it to be expected???
    Attached Images
    Last edited by disgruntledtater; 04-04-2011 at 09:53 PM. Reason: forgot
    GradyPhilpott likes this.

Platinum Patron Member WTF Veteran patsbosoxfan's Avatar

My Watchbox

Love it and welcome to the forum.

If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside.-- Robert X. Cringely

WTF Full Member

My Watchbox

Very nice!Enjoy it!

My Watchbox

Welcome...Love the white face..ENJOY with good health.

My Watchbox

Good lookin Diver, enjoy it!
    I've got too many hobbies...

WTF Full Member

My Watchbox

If it's the swiss made SW-200 automatic movement, you will feel some resistance from the crown, as it can be wound in both directions on a winder. Congrats! Enjoy!

Platinum Patron Member WTF Veteran patsbosoxfan's Avatar

My Watchbox

I wonder if you forced it and the threads crossed or maybe a piece of debris found its way into the threads. I believe this is a common problem and would advise caution when screwing down the crown. I'm actually paranoid of this happening to me because I thought I did it to one of my watches. I usually will depress the crown, turn it a 1/4 around, and then release it to see if its caught the thread. If its caught then I will screw it down the rest of the way and if it hasn't I repeat the 1/4 turn until it does. If I feel resistance I pull back alittle and try again. I don't think there is a repair for a cross threaded screw down crown without replacing the case.

(Wrist or pocket I don't discriminate!)

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by patsbosoxfan View Post
    I wonder if you forced it and the threads crossed or maybe a piece of debris found its way into the threads. I believe this is a common problem and would advise caution when screwing down the crown. I'm actually paranoid of this happening to me because I thought I did it to one of my watches. I usually will depress the crown, turn it a 1/4 around, and then release it to see if its caught the thread. If its caught then I will screw it down the rest of the way and if it hasn't I repeat the 1/4 turn until it does. If I feel resistance I pull back alittle and try again. I don't think there is a repair for a cross threaded screw down crown without replacing the case.

There was actually resistance on the crown right out of the box but it's very minor. One time I was screwing the crown down and I could feel the threads trying to double thread so I backed it off to prevent that.

Now that I've been wearing the watch for a few days I think the resistance is less. And since I wear the watch every day it's not like I'm constantly winding it or setting the date. I usually just unscrew it for show :)

Quote Originally Posted by morrison2951 View Post
    If it's the swiss made SW-200 automatic movement, you will feel some resistance from the crown, as it can be wound in both directions on a winder. Congrats! Enjoy!
    The movement is a Miyota 8215 automatic movement and only winds cw. The only time resistance is felt is screwing the crown down but it's very minor. I don't have any prior experience with Invictas so I can't really compare this one to anything else. Thanks for the info!

Thread Information