Trying to find a year on my Grandfather's Timex?

Thread: Trying to find a year on my Grandfather's Timex?

My Watchbox

Default Trying to find a year on my Grandfather's Timex?

My grandfather passed away a few weeks ago and his watch was left to me. I don't THINK it's very old, but it would be nice to know what year it is - I plan on keeping it in the family.

I tried searching on my own the last couple of days with no luck....

It's a Timex Indiglo WR 30M, gold colored, white face, black numbers 1-12 (with little red 12-24 underneath the black numbers). It does have Day of the Week and Date of the Month viewer window on the front that rotates.

The back plate is silver and says Timex, CR2016 Cell, WR 30 M, Stainless Steel Back, R9. I'm assuming the back plate could technically be newer than the actual watch itself, but...I don't know.

I'll try and get a pic up - I'm sure that would help (duh)!

Anybody that can help is greatly appreciated - or send me to a site or something that might have more info.

Chris in Richmond, VA
    Last edited by teleserv; 02-15-2011 at 02:19 PM. Reason: website of manufacturer that was listed on back of watch was removed from description so link wouldn't appear

Banned WTF Veteran

My Watchbox

First welcome to these forums, second sorry the loos of your grandfather. Really sorry.

I guess the watch iS old, but without any pictures , it is dificult to judge
    Can you post some pictures

Once again , sorry your loss

Super Moderator WTF Veteran CometHunter's Avatar
    (I'm having a good day. Don't screw it up!)

My Watchbox

First, I too would like to offer my condolences to you and yours. And a warm welcome as well.

Without photos, I will hazard that your watch is roughly 16 years old. The electroluminescent Indiglo watches were introduced in 1992 through K-mart, but it wasn't long before they were sold in practically every drugstore and department store across the country. I had one by '93 and I'm pretty sure I paid $15-20 for it.

Thread Information