Master Collection L2.717.4.78.3

WINNER OF THE LONGINES PHOTO COMPETITION

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Master Collection L2.717.4.78.3

WTF Junior Member
    (There Is No Knowledge That Is Not Power)

My Watchbox

Default Master Collection L2.717.4.78.3

hi i used to love logines and have 3. i went to an AD the other day to find my next watch, i currently have 18, and i liked the look of L2.717.4.78.3. i want a nice complication watch to add to my collection but when i tried it on all the pushers on the side did was change the date day and dont know ?? is this normal? i was half expecting something grand to happen :P i thought it would opperate a mini chronograh or something else. the price of this watch is entering rolex teritory and that was going to be the next buy so if it does something cool i may consider it. does anyone have this watch or any info on it??

Attached Images
    Last edited by Wombat; 02-28-2010 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Put pic inline in post

(Ford Mustang 2011)

My Watchbox

This is the Retrograde Master Collection and not a chronograph.At the 12:00 is the day of the week.At your 1:00 to 5:00 is date function.At the 6:00 you have your second hand [watch it shoot back to 0 seconds very cool].At your 7:00 to 11:00 is your 24 hour indicator.This is one very cool watch but you might be happier with this Longines instead.Master Complication Collection Moonphase Chronograph.

Last edited by casyjones3; 02-28-2010 at 11:39 AM.

As caseyjones3 has said, that watch is not a chrono, so in everyday wear the buttons aren't used for anything. The only time they are used is to set the watch correctly with the day, date, second timezone etc, the rest of the time the buttons are just for looks. I guess they could easily have used the style of button that is flush with the case (is there a name for that type of button?), but I like the look of it how it is. The retrograde is a gorgeous watch that is in my list for sure!

And as for price, a retrograde movement is a complicated one. You really must compare apples with apples, you are probably comparing this complicated watch with a standard sub; they are horses of a different colour.

You say you hope it does something cool? Man, have you seen the retrograde in action? How cool is it watching the seconds hand move across and then flick back to zero?!? This watch is just awesome.

I think I need to lie down, I am all excited just thinking about that watch!! :D

Oh, and if it is a chrono that you really want, the Master Moonphase is fabulous!

There are also other chrono watches in the master range, like the L2.693.4.78.3:

Also the Grande Vitesse:

WTF Junior Member

My Watchbox

hm thanks for the info. i dont mind that watch, i wanst really after another chrono i have two a tissot prs200 and a breitling navitimer and i thought having just one grand complication (preferably a cheap one :P) in my collection would be good. maybe ill get it as my next next watch (im only allowed one a year and this year is a rolex gmtiic) so maybe next year, however its the same price as a aqua terra and that has a much better and SEXIER movement. i know apples and oranges but there the exact same price and both on my short list. Master Complication Collection Moonphase Chronograph doesnt do it for me as much as the L2.717.4.78.3 does i tried both on and took the other off right away. does anyone no more info on it power reserve?? base movement? ETA or Valjox?

Banned WTF Veteran

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by x06verdm View Post
    however its the same price as a aqua terra and that has a much better and SEXIER movement.
    Three hand Omega is "sexier and much better" vs this multiretrograde automatic?

I beg to differ but if you are brainwashed by the 8500 hype machine then go for it.

WTF Junior Member

My Watchbox

sorry didnt mean to offend, what i ment is through the clear back the movement looks sexier and it has a 60hr power reserve plus its also a compleatly in house(braging rites) but i love the technical marvile that is the master vollection. what is the power reserve btw?

TDK

My Watchbox

Hi guys!
    I've been lurking in this forum for a while but not registered until I saw this thread and wanted to reply!

I have the Retrograde myself, but 41mm version. My wrists are to skinny to pull 44mm off. Regarding the power reserve, it's 46 h. The beauty of the watch lies in the dance of the hands, it's like a ballet very well designed, and cool to look at.

I haven't regretted getting this watch at all, however the Moonphase is growing on me, intended to get that one at first.. Maybe as a summer gift ;)

Banned WTF Veteran
    (Be faithful to one woman. Have flings with hundreds of watches. ™)

Beach Haven, NJ (no, it does not smell here)

My Watchbox

Welcome! How about a wrist shot?

TDK

My Watchbox

The pictures are old, took them when I got it by the end of January, some more photos on my Flickr account below :)

Flickr: haskabiska's Photostream

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information