8926/8928 Bezel Insert Removal / Replacement?

Winner of the 2011 Invicta Photo Contest

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 8926/8928 Bezel Insert Removal / Replacement?

(I'd rather be diving.)

My Watchbox

Default 8926/8928 Bezel Insert Removal / Replacement?

Has anyone removed or replaced the bezel or bezel insert of an 8926 or other Invicta.

I have read that other watches bezels simply pop off. I have tried this to no avail.

I've also read that there is some kind of retaining wire with Invicta bezels, which prevent it from simply being pried off.

I need to replace the bezel insert of my 8928. I'd like to do it myself.

Any advice would be appreciated.

SANIII 6686
    SKX781K
    8926A
    8926C
    8928A

My Watchbox

I've done several. It's really very easy. Just take your time.

You DO NOT remove the bezel itself. You pry the old insert out, which will probably destroy it as they are very flimsy. Clean off any residual adhesive. Some replacement inserts have an adhesive strip attached and some do not, so you may have to apply a very small amount of quality cement suitable for steel to install the new insert. Make sure you do not glue the bezel itself into place. Be sure everything lines up, and press the new insert into place.

The replacement inserts for a Rolex 40mm case will fit the 40mm 8926/8928 Invictas. I bought mine on ebay for about $10 each. They had the upgraded IMO Rolex style raised pearl at 12 o'clock, and the goldtone was actually more ''gold" compared to Invicta's which was more "brassy".
    Randy in Nashville

Rolex Daytona TT/Omega Speedmaster Reduced/Accutron VX-200 chrono/Reactor Neutron/ Sector 600chrono/Marina Militare Panny Submersible & sterile homages/Croton Super C/Zodiac Oceanaire, Dragon Wing, ZO6700 & Sea Ghost/Tissot PRS516 quartz chrono/Invicta 3075, 8926, 8928, 4024, Katrina orange diver, LE CF Diver, Lupah/Seiko White Knight & 1976 Bullhead chrono/Alpha Pepsi GMT, Paul Newman & Planet Ocean homages/JL F1 alarm chrono

My Watchbox

Hey there, will the 40mm bezel insert fit both Omega style bezel and the coin edge bezel?

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by sunsun View Post
    Hey there, will the 40mm bezel insert fit both Omega style bezel and the coin edge bezel?
    Yes.

I have one of each style bezel and replaced both with the "raised pearl" aftermarket inserts.
    Randy in Nashville

Rolex Daytona TT/Omega Speedmaster Reduced/Accutron VX-200 chrono/Reactor Neutron/ Sector 600chrono/Marina Militare Panny Submersible & sterile homages/Croton Super C/Zodiac Oceanaire, Dragon Wing, ZO6700 & Sea Ghost/Tissot PRS516 quartz chrono/Invicta 3075, 8926, 8928, 4024, Katrina orange diver, LE CF Diver, Lupah/Seiko White Knight & 1976 Bullhead chrono/Alpha Pepsi GMT, Paul Newman & Planet Ocean homages/JL F1 alarm chrono

My Watchbox

Awsome. Thank you. I love this place, you guys are very helpful.

Banned WTF Junior Member

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by Datsun240Z71 View Post
    I've done several. It's really very easy. Just take your time.

You DO NOT remove the bezel itself. You pry the old insert out, which will probably destroy it as they are very flimsy. Clean off any residual adhesive. Some replacement inserts have an adhesive strip attached and some do not, so you may have to apply a very small amount of quality cement suitable for steel to install the new insert. Make sure you do not glue the bezel itself into place. Be sure everything lines up, and press the new insert into place.

The replacement inserts for a Rolex 40mm case will fit the 40mm 8926/8928 Invictas. I bought mine on ebay for about $10 each. They had the upgraded IMO Rolex style raised pearl at 12 o'clock, and the goldtone was actually more ''gold" compared to Invicta's which was more "brassy".

So on my 8928 you just take a razor blade or something to the BLUE part (where it meets with the gold "coin edge") and try to pry it up?

What is a good cement for steel?

Thanks

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    So on my 8928 you just take a razor blade or something to the BLUE part (where it meets with the gold "coin edge") and try to pry it up?

Correct

What is a good cement for steel?

I used a quality household cement I got at a hardware store that specified on the package that it is suitable for steel. I applied it very carefully to the bezel/insert mating surface with a toothpick.

I thought about using Super Glue, but it's so thin, I thought it would run and get into the bezel mechanism and possibly glue it in place

Thanks
    It's really alot easier to do this if as I said if you just take your time and think about what you're doing.
    Randy in Nashville

My Watchbox

YouTube - Replace Your Watch Bezel

I actually found a video on Youtube from Invicta customer service (LOL) showing you how to take it off.
    I've got too many hobbies...

WTF Full Member

My Watchbox

Does anyone know where to get 43mm bezel insert replacements for the larger Invicta swiss auto diver?

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by GoDuke1 View Post
    YouTube - Replace Your Watch Bezel

I actually found a video on Youtube from Invicta customer service (LOL) showing you how to take it off.
    Great link, but...

you DO NOT have to remove the bezel to change the insert.
    I did not, nor is it necessary.
    Randy in Nashville

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information