Seiko Spirit GMT - Page 3

WINNER OF THE JAPANESE & ASIAN PHOTO COMPETITION

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Seiko Spirit GMT

My Watchbox

So for those interested, I did end up ordering this watch. Given the reaction on this message board I figured I wouldn't take a huge loss if I needed to unload it because it didn't fit. I also tried on many other watches and came to realize that it wasn't so huge especially if it didn't weigh that much. Anyway, to make a long story short, it fits like a glove! In fact it fits better than my much smaller Tissot. In some ways I think the size actually helps because the back of my wrist is rather flat. Thanks to everyone for your help and for posting all the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoGuy View Post
    So for those interested, I did end up ordering this watch. Given the reaction on this message board I figured I wouldn't take a huge loss if I needed to unload it because it didn't fit. I also tried on many other watches and came to realize that it wasn't so huge especially if it didn't weigh that much. Anyway, to make a long story short, it fits like a glove! In fact it fits better than my much smaller Tissot. In some ways I think the size actually helps because the back of my wrist is rather flat. Thanks to everyone for your help and for posting all the pics.

Congrats PhotoGuy,

Now some closeups and wrist shots are in order. :D

Cheers!

My Watchbox

Ok, here's a quick one before bed. I hope to get some more up this weekend. Enjoy!

Also, I took some more accurate measurements of the dial:
    40.25mm without crown
    43.5mm with crown
    45mm top to bottom
    11.25mm thick

Watches: Seiko Spirit GMT SBQJ015, Tissot PR50 Automatic, Timex Ironman Triathlon 30 Lap
    Photography: Canon 1D Mark II, 5D, G9, 17-40/4, 24-105/4 IS, 70-200/2.8, 400/5.6, among other things

Oh wow very nice picture, there.

My Watchbox

Thanks, here's another. I want to reshoot this one when the hands are in a better position. Anyway, enjoy...

Watches: Seiko Spirit GMT SBQJ015, Tissot PR50 Automatic, Timex Ironman Triathlon 30 Lap
    Photography: Canon 1D Mark II, 5D, G9, 17-40/4, 24-105/4 IS, 70-200/2.8, 400/5.6, among other things

Very nice shot! How's the watch holding to it's accuracy claim? My 8Fxx's accuracy has somewhat improved over the last few months. It has drifted -4s in the last 6months.

My Watchbox

Well I haven't had it that long, but according to the fancy GPS clock at my friend's lab (which is what I set it against originally), it's still holding the time as perfectly as my eyes can tell. We'll see how it does through the winter.

My Watchbox

I see a strong resemblance to my SUN007:

Last edited by Catbird; 10-14-2008 at 06:17 AM.

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by Catbird View Post
    I see a strong resemblance to my SUN007:
    Indeed. I looked at the SUN007, but it was a little outside my budget. I also thought the bezel was a little overstated, with a very "heavy" appearance (probably due to the screws on each corner). I do wish mine was an automatic though. I love the squared-off hands and spike-like second-hand on mine. I guess I'm a little bit of a detail person. :-)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information