WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Watch Strap Size

719 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Firstthebanker 
#1 ·
Morning everyone. I've broken the leather loops on the watch strap but I cant seem to find a leather strap that fits it. If you look at where the strap attaches to the watch, it seems to be reversed. Does anyone have any tips.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That kind of watch really kinks my balance spring. For that reason alone, I've passed by 4 or 5 watches I would have otherwise purchased!
Since you don't say who made the watch or its size, that makes it harder for me to give you any help. As I see it, you can

(1) contact the watch's manufacturer and ask if they can supply you with a replacement strap (probably not, but it's worth a try) or suggest a retail strap outlet like Scott Allison (a WTF member) over at his eBay store TimesOfPlenty

(2) get a sharp hobby knife and perform surgery on a "normal" watch strap

(3) Drain the bank account by ordering a bespoke (custom-made) watch strap from a leathersmith

(4) Look on eBay or the after-market watch strap retailers. Get creative with your description with phrases like "cutout watch strap" or "watch straps with cutouts. Be patient in your search, and resign yourself to the fact you may not be able to find the strap color or grain you're hoping for.

And because I'm a helluva nice guy, I've given you a head start on your search:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...sc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=watch+bands+with+cutouts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.