WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Accutron Accuquartz DayDate wheels

754 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Samantha 
#1 ·
I’ve got a white dial 666 242 movement.

Granted, it needs a service, the day wheel doesn’t quite sync up with the date change, as you can see.
But my question is: why are they different colors? My day and date wheel aren’t the same color. Both are white, and I suppose one could have been swapped out during a service.
Wouldn’t we suspect that the two wheels would have been supplied by the same manufacturer? The 242 movement was done in-house from Bulova, correct? So, why have two different suppliers for similar parts for a movement?
Any ideas?

I don’t think this is unique to my watch. I’ve spoken to a couple other collectors who have similar problems. So either we have out watches serviced by the same place on different continents, or there something else going on.
Wisdom of the forum, do your best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
Sometimes the day and day rings are made form different materials. The day rings are usually painted metal as the are very thin, the date rings can be molded plastic which can fade with time.

As Magnetchief says, they are quartz usually cal. 242 which are very good and very accurate movements. Definitely work getting repaired.

Regards, Rob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.