WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Accutron pics just to get some activity here

7K views 91 replies 19 participants last post by  CometHunter 
#1 · (Edited)
Kind of a lame pic I know but the ABC room has been practically empty for days, all comments welcome :biggrin:

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Thanks T2, Had that one since about '95. It was a franken but had a complete Swiss movement/dial/hands! I wore it all these years not knowing until I met you guys, Now I have a proper gold bezel astro and a nice Swiss plastic bezel astro. :thumbup1:

#22 ·
When the insanity sets in !!!

Here's a few. All running in the display box. A few 214's some running, some not, and the a few 218's most running, some still need some tlc. Too lazy to lay out any more.

Attachments

#44 ·
Dam!! I can't believe the size of some of these collections, that's commitment. So many very nice examples.

The blue in this is amazing! I have seen a couple of cool and funky dials I like, but the smaller ladies Accutrons seemed to have a larger selection of retro type colours and designs on the 19mm & 17.5mm dials?

#29 ·
I have a lot of hummers.scattered around in different places.I think of it as good sised collection,all bought on ebay. Back a few yrs ago it was a scary place to buy.I could look thru all watches and by about 3am they were all done.I got hooked on them because I found Rob's site.Been back to it at lest a hundred times.I didn't trust myself to go after the "grails" as I live on $700/mo.Looking at those pictures makes me drool.The "what ifs" are beating on my brain.I had a $30 limit on 218's and $60 on 214's.I scored many 9160s for $30.UG's,movados.allegros and zenith.Many were listed under stereo equipt.I did buy a accuquartz B21which was out of budget and later on I splurged on omegas.never more than a couple hun.I was a bottom feeder trying to learn.I got my first 218 from a watchmaker in California.I picked his brain for info and he sent me one for $1. I get overwhelmed when I open a box I forgot I had,full of hummers.your collection is amazing! I am humbled by it.I've never sold any of mine.Thanks for posting it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.