80s Raymond Weil--- Repair or sell for parts ?

Thread: 80s Raymond Weil--- Repair or sell for parts ?

My Watchbox

Default 80s Raymond Weil--- Repair or sell for parts ?

This is my personal watch I purchased in the early 80s from a jewelry store in Corpus Christi. It worked fine for a few years. Then the crystal came out and I took it to a jeweler in Corpus. He put a new crystal in it and it came out. I then started working overseas and put it in a box and never wore it again. Now retired, I'm looking at my old watches and trying to decide to repair or just sell for parts, if possible. I really love the watch. Also, the crown is now missing which I have no explanation for. I have tried a few batteries to see if it will fire up and it is not starting. But, I'm really not sure I have found the right battery. They just do not seem to fit right. Anyone have any knowledge of this particular Raymond Weil ? Somewhere I have a small booklet for it but have not found it yet. I will. I'm trying to decide if I should send it off for repair. I think I paid around $300 for it in the early 80s. Any advice appreciated.20201125_151418.jpg20201125_151837.jpg

Moderator WTF Veteran SFwatchGuy's Avatar

My Watchbox

Hi, it looks like the movement is a variant of an ETA-ESA 9361 which takes a type 344/SR1136SW battery. The missing stem represents a whole different level of problem. If you have access to a watch maker/repair shop you might try getting an estimate. Chances are the repair may cost more than you expect. There are several options for replacement of your watch, especially if you are willing to explore internet sellers. Now is actually a good time for watch sales thanks to Black Friday specials. Good luck.

BTW, if the stem was removed when it was in the hand setting position the movement will not start regardless of the battery you try.
    Last edited by SFwatchGuy; 11-26-2020 at 09:57 AM. Reason: BTW info

My Watchbox

The stem actually is still in the watch. Just the crown is missing.

Thread Information