WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Help Please

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  ViperWatches 
#1 ·
Hi i just wanted to know before purchasing this omeg watch if its a real or fake by looking at the pics please, I'm unaware of the models that exist in the omega watch world as I'm a newbie to it all any help will be great! photos attached thank you in advance!

Info about watch that I know of:
gold plated
2 diamonds

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I'm sorry, but counterfeiters are getting so dang good that they can even fool experts during a cursory examination. I say the real truth now lies in the movement.

That's not a popular model to try and counterfeit, so if I were to guess, I'd say it's real.
(1) A few good big clear photos of the movement (if it is mechanical) may help in its identity. If it is a quartz movement, don't bother!
BETTER STILL:
Take it to a jeweler. Watch counterfeiters won't use real diamonds....they're not cost effective.
Even better: find a real watchmaker. He open the watch up, examine the movement, and then can tell you if the watch is real or not.

If you don't have the time to do all that, the only thing I can say is "How well do you trust the seller?" And if you're not happy, can you get a refund?

#4 ·
Some tips on purchasing online:

- know who you are buying it from (check others opinion)
- search for same model pics, magnify pics and take special look to dial, hands, case, letters, marks...anything characteristic to this particular model
- big deals usually bring some surprise, search average price online
- ask for more pictures/video of it working. The 3 pics shown makes it impossible to evaluate

In case it is not vintage, you'll obviously receive a certificate (which can also be counterfait)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.