Hello
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By CometHunter
  • 1 Post By diver

Thread: Hello

My Watchbox

Default Hello

Newb

Hello I'm newbie.. was looking for alittle help maybe someone can help.. I just started collecting i have a quartz tag heuer diver watch and the battery died already I know when you change the batt it has to be sealed a certain way can I go to any jewelry to have them replace it or do I have to send it away to tag to do?

Super Moderator WTF Veteran CometHunter's Avatar
    (I'm having a good day. Don't screw it up!)

My Watchbox

Hello, Nwbie! waveGIF.gif

For a watch like TAGHeuer, almost ANY problem or repair can be done on your local level. Especially battery replacement! Sending your watch back to the factory will just be a waste of your time and money. Especially your time. It is not unheard of for it to take 2-3 WEEKS for a watch to come back home from a Switzerland watch factory.

Taking it to a jewelry store is perfectly OK. JUST ask them first if the work is done on site. Not every jewelry store selling watches has an in-house watchmaker- some stores will send the watch out to someone else to do the work for them. And here's a nother tip: although you shouldn't be charged more than $5 to have the battery replaced, many jewelry repair stores will do the work for free if you buy the battery from them!
    diver likes this.
    -Bill

WTF Administration Team
    The Hamilton Forum
    The Beginner's Watch Forum
    The *Original* Invicta Forum

WTF Veteran
    (Of all the watches I have had... Not one Omega has ever been bad!��)

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by CometHunter View Post
    Hello, Nwbie! waveGIF.gif

For a watch like TAGHeuer, almost ANY problem or repair can be done on your local level. Especially battery replacement! Sending your watch back to the factory will just be a waste of your time and money. Especially your time. It is not unheard of for it to take 2-3 WEEKS for a watch to come back home from a Switzerland watch factory.

Taking it to a jewelry store is perfectly OK. JUST ask them first if the work is done on site. Not every jewelry store selling watches has an in-house watchmaker- some stores will send the watch out to someone else to do the work for them. And here's a nother tip: although you shouldn't be charged more than $5 to have the battery replaced, many jewelry repair stores will do the work for free if you buy the battery from them!
    Just make sure your watch will be pressure tested after the battery is replaced. Some jewelry stores will cheerfully replace a battery for little or no charge, but will just put the back on and assume it is sealed correctly. A store with a watchmaker on site replaced a battery for me. I asked whether or not it was still 600 M water resistant. When I pressed him further, he admitted he had no way to test it. Needless to say, he no longer opens any of my watches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    CometHunter likes this.

Thread Information