Inherited Wakmann Chronograph

Thread: Inherited Wakmann Chronograph

My Watchbox

I inherited this watch from my grandfather. It needed fixing. I like watches but don’t like wearing watches on a daily basis.It needed a cleaning and some other work because the main stem slid out of it. I didnt’t want it overhauled with a new crystal or any changes to the face or hands. My grandfather put years of honest wear on it and I didn’t want to lose that. I found a place that does Rolex repair and figured they would know what to do. A few months later it is finished!

Before pics:

Videos I made after it was repaired.

[youtube]zN_j9RI1OkQ[/youtube]

I made another video after running the timer for just over 6 and a half hours so you all could see the hour, minute, and second hands all snap into alignment.

[you tube][I made another video after running the timer for just over 6 and a half hours so you all could see the hour, minute, and second hands all snap into alignment.

[youtube]Os5jVFbPFZg[/youtube]

As you can see I put a leather band on but I still have the original band. The spring bands are not my style but I would never get rid of it.

First post here, I have some other watches I will post later to get information on.

Thanks for any comments! I know the personal and brand history of my watch but the others I have are more of a mystery.
    Last edited by Gatorade; 10-11-2020 at 12:25 PM.

Super Moderator WTF Veteran

My Watchbox

Nice watch. Wear it in good health and the memory of your grand-father.

Thread Information