WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Invicta Watches

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  BT2ZEKE 
#1 ·
Since I joined this page a couple of my friends have inherited multiple Invicta watches. They have asked me if any of these Invictas are valuable. I get the feeling there isn't a lot of respect for Invicta on this forum. I also get the feeling there's not a lot of collector or resale value in them. I talking > $100.

I would like to know if any Invicta model watches have any substantial value?

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
First off, I am not an Invicta hatter. I own several Invictas and still enjoy wearing a few of them. Mostly the Pro Diver smaller sizes. That said, I bought everyone of my Invictas on sale usually for a minimum of 75% off the MSRP and many times for even less. I don't know of any one watch that is considered a collector's item or is highly sought after for a "substantial value". About all you can do with Invictas is wear them because you like them or by their shear bulk some of them make nifty paper weights.

#3 ·
First off, I am not an Invicta hatter....
(Nor is SFwG a hater!)
Very few us us actually hate the watch...it's the company. I get frustrated when I hear of owners who ane constantly thwarted when they vainly try to get simple information out of a Customer Service rep on where to get spare links for a bracelet, a new rotating bezel because the old one simply fell off or stopped turning, or they can't find the instructions to reset their chronograph, or their supposed brand-new watch was in fact a previously owned piece that was sold as new! Some are also turned off by Invicta's practice of posting their watches with inflated MSRPs and then allowing the vendors to sell them at rock-bottom prices. I grant you there's nothing illicet about this practice, but it DOES get confusing. What's also confusing is Invicta's practice of being too free with their Model Numbers. Instead of having basic models and simply listing their variations like Model 26735 in: brushed SS, polished SS, brushed or polished Gold plate, or two-tone with a green, black, white, silver, red or meteor dial you now have 11 different model numbers to try and keep track of. Not everyone appreciates that kind of a marketing strategy.
Anf for the record, I happily own a gold Pro Diver, a SS Reserve Pro Diver, and a stainless steel quartz Daytona ll chronograph.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It would help if we knew your friends' idea or definition of "valuable" and/or "substantial value".

Here's what I mean: Every year I see articles in WatchTime Magazine touting "affordable" watches in various categorys. I personally reject their use of the term affordable because the MSRP on these watches approach the $5000 cap. Granted, they're affordable when compared to the likes of A. Lange & Sohnne, Patek Philippe, Breguet, or Vacheron Constantin; but looking at MY checking account, there's no way in God's green pasture that I'd be able to afford any $4,000 watch! Everything is relative.

Also, what would make these watches "Valuable"? Are the cases made of platinum, or of yellow or white gold?
Do they run on exclusive hand-made AND hand-assembled Swiss movements?
Do they have interesting complications such as a minute repeater, or the Equation of Time?
Are any in a limited run of, say, only 25 pieces?
What is there about any of these watches that would possibly make me covet them (have an overwhelming desire to own one???

Reactions: Fastmark63
#7 ·
Please know I have nothing against anyone wanting to be a milliner; it's just that going thru Macy's I see hats and watches doing very well in their own separate departments. I figure "who am I to put the kibosh on a successful sales formula?" :lol::001_tt2::laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.