CK 3050 parts

Winner of the Bulova-Accutron-Caravelle Masthead Contest
AWF_01_1

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chris Radek

Thread: CK 3050 parts

My Watchbox

Default CK 3050 parts

It's very interesting that the 3050 has several slightly unusual parts and at least one specific only to the 3050. These include the dial reflector ring, the stem length (a bit long), the caseback ring which fits only two models I know of and the movement spacer ring.
    I've found part numbers on all but the specific stem and the movement ring. I would think the movement ring would be common to other models? Can anyone help with part numbers? Needing both if anyone has them.
    Bill

My Watchbox

Ok well, I found the mvt ring in the case parts catalog part MR583. Can't understand why I missed that. Anyone have one?

My Watchbox

I just found a similar (but different) ring for a case that requires one but it went missing during an unfortunate trip to another watchmaker. I happened to find one and didn't have to make it. It's just a rectangular cross section ring with a slot (like you would file from one side) for the stem. You could take the measurements of the thickness, case ID, and movement OD and have any machine shop make you a few. They could do it in one setup if you are willing to file the slot yourself. They probably have the tools already set up (drill, turn OD, bore ID, part). This would be easy on my "big" cnc lathe except it only holds up to 1 inch bar (5C collets).

Hmm, if you are near any city with a hackspace/makerspace you could surely find a hobbyist with a lathe who could make them.

My Watchbox

I agree Chris, it does have a bevel on the inner edge, not sure if it's required or not. That would be a delicate job for the fab shops around here but I have a couple favorites I can check with. It would be a great idea to get a small batch of them made, do you know if any other case shares this same ring?

My Watchbox

Nope, it's just that one.

IMG_20200808_090845.jpg
    watchabit likes this.

Thread Information