Winner of the Bulova-Accutron-Caravelle Masthead Contest
AWF_01_1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Recent purchase - stainless/blue combo

WTF Veteran

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieGoodwin View Post
    Ahh, I should've taken more than one pic, as it didn't come out as focused as I'd liked, plus I missed one. I have the same 2183. I also have a fantastic vintage Caravelle that's stainless/blue, and a modded Seiko diver.
    All of these have various shades of blue dials, and depending upon the angle and light, can be darker or lighter, and vary in vividness. Good stuff.
    The Japanese were (are) very good at making reflective dials in various colours and textures. Here are a couple of my Hisonics. The reflective nature makes the dials very difficult to photograph. Since we are currently about ss with blue dials I will leave my emerald green, tiger's eye and sparkly dials to a later date.
    Garry
    DSC03143.jpg
    oliverb, mikeyt_53 and Rob B like this.

My Watchbox

I have the same watch. It's a 1970 Accutron "256", a good-looking model. (Rob B. serviced this one years back, as well as panel-beating a dent out of the dial).

accblue_new522.jpg

Here's an excerpt from a 1970 Bulova ad featuring the "256". (Ad via myBulova.com):

bulova_ad_1970_2.jpg

Which I (sort of) recreated using my examples of the watches:

acc_ad1970_new28blue_border1.jpg
    oliverb, mikeyt_53 and Rob B like this.

WTF Veteran

My Watchbox

Garry, absolutely right. Beautiful dials. I have only one Hisonic, one I traded into from a fellow member here. Love the crisp dial on it, and case design.

Harnilton. Too funny! I fell across the vintage ad shortly after posting about my watch. I knew I'd seen an ad or catalog pic somewhere. Funny thing is, I may have taken a screenshot and relisted your recreation as the real thing! You did a fabulous job, as you even had the correct factory CK strap.
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils. ~Louis Hector Berlioz

WTF Veteran

My Watchbox

Well, it cleaned up well. I had it on a Corfam, blue rally strap, but the strap had too much excess at the end due to my slightly smaller than average wrist size. Cleaned the Speidel beads of rice bracelet and put it back on, and I actually like it. Comfortable and looks good.
    Attached Images
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils. ~Louis Hector Berlioz

My Watchbox

I need to drop in here more often.
    Yes you do :) hope all is well buddy

WTF Veteran

My Watchbox

We're good here in NorCal, USA. Hope all is well with you and family also. And for that matter, everyone here. Stay well, stay safe. 👍🏼

Quote Originally Posted by jakeagusta View Post
    I need to drop in here more often.
    Yes you do 🙂 hope all is well buddy [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.watchtalkforums.info/forums/images/smilies/1/thumbup.gif[/IMG]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information