Winner of the Bulova-Accutron-Caravelle Masthead Contest
AWF_01_1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Tiffany M3 Turtle Lug Accutron

WTF Full Member

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by uscjake87 View Post
    Another stainless astro with standard dial and tiffany. The previous one was a very early pre-astro dial.

Attachment 213457
    Pic not loading.

(~Commercial Airline Mechanic "Retired"~)

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by Stu3 View Post
    You learn something new every day! I have never ever heard about Tiffany branding on any Accutrons.

18kt Gold case 2324 (same case as Model 602)

WTF Veteran

My Watchbox

18kt Gold case 2324 (same case as Model 602)
    So another "Solid Gold" example...

My Watchbox

Stu3, the pic shows up on my end. Let me know if its still blank. So far I've only seen 3x stainless tiffany. The 2 astronauts I posted and then his B case.

WTF Full Member

My Watchbox

working now

(~Commercial Airline Mechanic "Retired"~)

My Watchbox

I own (3) designer named watches. None of them are solid gold. I have the original sales receipt for the Neiman Marcus Pulsar purchased 10/03/1973 in Ft Worth. From the designer name watches I have seen, they catered to both high end watches and select affordable models. Some people have Champagne taste on a Beer budget. They seemed to cater to all buyers but we usually associate the designer names with higher end stuff.

oliverb, Rob B, Stu3 and 3 others like this.

My Watchbox

Congratulations on your find. I have several Tiffany & Co. timepieces dating from the 1940’s on. As you may know, they are a retailer and not a manufacturer of products. Typically, they will have a product made with their name instead of the company that makes it. This is less glaring on a crystal vase, than on something so identifiable as a Accutron. Now, at one point they purchased their movements from none other than Patek Philippe. They then opened up their own factory to produce timepieces before ultimately deciding to sell it to Patek Philippe and purchase the movements back from them. It can be something of an Easter Egg Hunt with older timepieces as you never know what it is until you open the case.

In your case it could be a refinished dial where someone added the Tiffany & Co. name to add value, but I will go on a limb and wager yours is original. With so many models being made, so many dials, etc, I think you just happened to get one that is not solid gold but still an original dial. It happens. Again congratulations on a wonderful find.
    Time2Fish likes this.

(Retired Engineer. Pratt Whitney Aircraft)

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by Rjmarti View Post
    Congratulations on your find. I have several Tiffany & Co. timepieces dating from the 1940’s on. As you may know, they are a retailer and not a manufacturer of products. Typically, they will have a product made with their name instead of the company that makes it. This is less glaring on a crystal vase, than on something so identifiable as a Accutron. Now, at one point they purchased their movements from none other than Patek Philippe. They then opened up their own factory to produce timepieces before ultimately deciding to sell it to Patek Philippe and purchase the movements back from them. It can be something of an Easter Egg Hunt with older timepieces as you never know what it is until you open the case.

In your case it could be a refinished dial where someone added the Tiffany & Co. name to add value, but I will go on a limb and wager yours is original. With so many models being made, so many dials, etc, I think you just happened to get one that is not solid gold but still an original dial. It happens. Again congratulations on a wonderful find.
    Thank you for this information. Very informative.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information