Winner of the Bulova-Accutron-Caravelle Masthead Contest
AWF_01_1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: UFO Spaceview

WTF Full Member

My Watchbox

Default UFO Spaceview

What were the production years for the UFO case spaceviews? I really like that case shape. Maybe one of those will cure my Accutron Blues. There are two for sale on tinternet today and they are rather pricey; but I seldom see them for sale as it appears they are a bit rare. School me.
    watchabit likes this.

My Watchbox

I had one which I foolishly sold. I think it went for £300, I certainly didn't make a loss on the watch in terms of monetary value but I do miss it. I am seeing so many £200 watches being listed for higher values these days and they are selling too.

WTF Full Member

My Watchbox

Jake: I am sort of picky on the 214s I like. B cases, UFOs and flying saucers in SS. Spaceviews.... Most Astros but not every dial....I am more partial to the dauphine hands vs the other ones. Thus when I cruise ebay, I quickly scroll past 90% of the 214s and never even bother to click on them. Some of the more interesting ones sit for months and then somebody buys them at some price or they are listed and are sold quickly. The UFO case is not that rare and there are two out there now. Just not sure if $1k is a great price. One is M4 and the seller says it is original, but I am not sure they were made in in 1964. Thus my question about the years for that model. I was born in 1964 so that would be cool...but to pay a huge premium for a frankentron is not smart buying and I'll never get my money out of it when I try and sell it.

Super Moderator WTF Veteran CometHunter's Avatar
    (I'm having a good day. Don't screw it up!)

My Watchbox

OK, I give up!

Why are they called UFO Spaceviews?
    Hawk53 likes this.
    -Bill

WTF Administration Team
    The Hamilton Forum
    The Beginner's Watch Forum
    The *Original* Invicta Forum

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by Stu3 View Post
    Jake: I am sort of picky on the 214s I like. B cases, UFOs and flying saucers in SS. Spaceviews.... Most Astros but not every dial....I am more partial to the dauphine hands vs the other ones. Thus when I cruise ebay, I quickly scroll past 90% of the 214s and never even bother to click on them. Some of the more interesting ones sit for months and then somebody buys them at some price or they are listed and are sold quickly. The UFO case is not that rare and there are two out there now. Just not sure if $1k is a great price. One is M4 and the seller says it is original, but I am not sure they were made in in 1964. Thus my question about the years for that model. I was born in 1964 so that would be cool...but to pay a huge premium for a frankentron is not smart buying and I'll never get my money out of it when I try and sell it.
    I hear you, so many Frankies around these days and they tend to have particularly large family trees with Aunty Frankie and so on. A minefield for want of a better word. A birth year watch will be pretty cool. I think my UFO was an N1, dont think I have seen them earlier than that but i could be mistaken.

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by CometHunter View Post
    OK, I give up!

Why are they called UFO Spaceviews?
    Haha why not, its' the shape I guess after all we have TV, football and whatever other names ha! I get so lost with the terminologies these days like BLNR, Batman/Bat Girl for other brands. Why oh why do me make these names. I am now on the hunt for an Accutron Bunny :)

My Watchbox

I think you are talking about these cases?

IMG_0131.jpg

The one on the bottom is S/S and case #3353. The one on the top is gold plated and case #3418. The 3418 is original, purchased new from jeweler by me. The 3353 has a suspect crystal (still nice) and I now have the correct second hand on it (after this photo was taken).

Both are dated 1974. I don't think they were made in the 60's but maybe someone else will have actual production dates.
    Last edited by skd#214#; 06-29-2020 at 07:27 AM.

WTF Veteran

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by jakeagusta View Post
    Haha why not, its' the shape I guess after all we have TV, football and whatever other names ha! I get so lost with the terminologies these days like BLNR, Batman/Bat Girl for other brands. Why oh why do me make these names. I am now on the hunt for an Accutron Bunny :)
    Just one more reason I won't collect accutrons....

WTF Full Member

My Watchbox

This is what I call the UFO case. Because it sort of looks like a UFO. Not to be confused with the Flying Saucer case.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/ci...nt-introducing

Scroll down and see the pic of that spaceview. What is the correct case number?

WTF Full Member

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk53 View Post
    Just one more reason I won't collect accutrons....
    LOL. Yes....most WIS (Watch Idiot Savants) have their own language and we are as bad as the guys in the Rolex world with their slang. But everyone should have at least one 214 in their collection. You gotta feel the hum. How can you watch this and not want one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSNVy7FeL3g
    watchabit likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information