Citizen Gild-Silver Tone E870 Watch Date & Day Issue..

WINNER OF THE JAPANESE & ASIAN PHOTO COMPETITION

Thread: Citizen Gild-Silver Tone E870 Watch Date & Day Issue..

My Watchbox

Default Citizen Gild-Silver Tone E870 Watch Date & Day Issue..

Hello Experts,

I have beautiful Citizen Gold Tone E870 PP Eco Drive Watch, which was running perfectly well until I opened up and tried to replace the crystal. I did not touch anything on movement, but after putting stuff together, everything works OK (like Time, L-TM, ALM etc.) but some how the Date and the multi-function dial (for Leap Year, DST & Day indicator) stop working. Watch is fully charged and I tried to ALL RESET many times, but the Number "3" on Date and the Multi-function sub-dial's hand does not move at all. Any suggestion or help in trying to diagnose and fix the issue. This is my one of the favourite watch and dammmn....this happened, and I am really looking for some tips/guidance to bring back the missing functionality20200607_170702.jpg20200607_170130.jpg of the CALENDAR.

Thx you all in advance for your help, support, time and guidance.
    Attached Images

Moderator WTF Veteran SFwatchGuy's Avatar

My Watchbox

You said you did a reset, but have you seen this video on youtube: How to calibrate a e870 citizen 8700
    Last edited by SFwatchGuy; 06-10-2020 at 06:00 PM.

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by SFwatchGuy View Post
    You said you did a reset, but have you seen this video on youtube: How to calibrate a e870 citizen 8700
    Hello SFWatchGuy, Thank you so much for your response. Yes, I tried Calibrating the Watch and ALL Reset also few times, but the issue is Date & Day (MF Hand) do not move at all no matter what I do. THe other functions are working excellent as mentioned earlier.

What I am thinking that either Some SPrings (Which I don't see how it can be fitted in the watch as seen from the rear open watch picture above) or contacts might me lost, or some kind of shorting might have happened. Only thing is to do the Hard Reset is someone knows what to short inside the open watch terminals.

Hope some one comes back with fruitful suggestion and pointer that can save me my watch and some hefty bucks.

Thx

My Watchbox

Any one with any suggestion/s???

WTF Full Member

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by prasmit View Post
    Any one with any suggestion/s???
    Did you try removing the battery for a few minutes and starting over?

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by srgray View Post
    Did you try removing the battery for a few minutes and starting over?
    Hi, No I have not done this. I will try out your suggestion in next few minutes. Thank you so much for your suggestion and help/guidance.

My Watchbox

Hello srgray,

As you suggested I did remove the battery for few hours (as even after removing the battery, the watch was still ticking even after 20+ minutes, so I decided to put on standby and come back and reinstall battery after a while.....extremely amazing and amusing how the watch runs without the battery for such a long time..!!!). Disappointed once again, as even after reinstalling the battery, the same problem. Everything else works except the Date and MF Indicator Hand do not move at all. I am not sure whether that section of the circuit is getting power or just chip/components might have got shorted by self.....

Still looking for some experts guidance or experienced pointers on how to fix this unique issue and make my favorite watch ticks again.

Thx you al in advance.

Thread Information