WINNER OF THE WATCH STRAPS, WINDERS & ACCESSORIES FORUM PHOTO COMPETITION
WINNER OF THE WATCH STRAPS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: single or double deployant clasps

WTF Junior Member

My Watchbox

Default single or double deployant clasps

Hi, I have a lovely genuine ostrich strap on my vintage Seiko dress watch. I want a deployant which is not bulky when on the wrist and which is also comfortable. I like the look of the single clasp for IWC and a double for Maurice Lacroix. Both are around £25.00 on ebay and are just replacements not OEM at that price. I have small wrists about 7 inches. I would welcome opinions as to which type is thinner and which is generally more comfortable. thanks jack.

Super Moderator WTF Veteran CometHunter's Avatar
    (I'm having a good day. Don't screw it up!)

My Watchbox

Hi!
    There's something wrong with my connection- I can't see the supposed watch, strap or these clasps.
    -Bill

WTF Administration Team
    The Hamilton Forum
    The Beginner's Watch Forum
    The *Original* Invicta Forum

WTF Junior Member

My Watchbox

Firstly I asked two questions neither of which necessitates photos in order for those questions to be answered and secondly I have absolutely no idea how to post pics.

Super Moderator WTF Veteran

My Watchbox

Here's a link to an explanation of how simple it is to post a pic on this site. While i cant speak for him, I suspect that CometHunter (like myself) has no idea what the particular IWC or Lacroix deployment clasp straps that you referenced look like. Pics or links to the eBay items would be helpful.
    Last edited by mikeyt_53; 05-30-2020 at 10:18 PM.

Super Moderator WTF Veteran CometHunter's Avatar
    (I'm having a good day. Don't screw it up!)

My Watchbox

Thanks, Mike. I'd forgotten the location of that link on how to post pictures.

No, I have no idea which clasps are being discussed : Have they a safety lock? Are they single-fold? Double fold? IDK!
    Nor do I know how thin, thick, or padded that strap is. And since the eBay link wasn't typed in either, there was nothing to look up.
    -Bill

WTF Administration Team
    The Hamilton Forum
    The Beginner's Watch Forum
    The *Original* Invicta Forum

Moderator WTF Veteran SFwatchGuy's Avatar

My Watchbox

I suggest you check the selection at Strapsco on the net. Maybe you'll see something similar to your favorites.
    Last edited by SFwatchGuy; 05-31-2020 at 10:37 AM.

WTF Junior Member

My Watchbox

Hi Bill & Mike, Many thanks for the link but unfortunately it doesn't help me. My computer skills are zero and I have no idea how to load a pic or link to my pc. My question really was fairly general and not specific to the particular clasps. I want the clasp to be as thin as possible when sitting on my wrist. Will that normally be achieved with a single fold or double fold clasp. Also which design is normally more comfortable on the wrist. Should answers not be possible without pics of my watch, strap and clasps then I have wasted your time and for that I apologise. jack.

My Watchbox

General answer: The single fold results in less bulk and is easier to open and close.
    IMG_0439 ML deployant closed 400.jpg IMG_0442 ML deployant open 400.jpg

IMG_0444 Seiko deployant closed 400.jpg IMG_0443 Seiko deployant open 400.jpg

Both the Maurice Lacrox and Seiko feature single fold deployants. They differ in that the ML routes the excess strap to the inside and the Seiko routes to the outside with keepers.

I still say checkout the selection at Strapsco, read some reviews, and then you can decide which is right for you.
    mikeyt_53 likes this.

WTF Junior Member

My Watchbox

Hi SFwatchGuy, Many thanks for the info and for going to the trouble of posting pics. You have helped me considerably and have answered my questions. I think its the single fold for me and I shall indeed have a look at Strapsco. regards jack.

My Watchbox

Keep us posted on what you find and decide. And posting pictures from your computer is really easy using the insert image icon, 3rd from the right at the top of the Quick Reply box.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information