International shipping very slow but functioning. - Page 2

Winner of the Bulova-Accutron-Caravelle Masthead Contest
AWF_01_1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: International shipping very slow but functioning.

My Watchbox

USPS First Class international tracks all the way to the destination address, at least for here in Thailand. Either by the registered number if the package is registered, or by the customs number if not registered. It's a pretty good service and rarely more than 12-14 days - except at the moment which can hardly be called normal. But the tracking is still working even so. For some odd reason, items leaving the US through Chicago are coming through almost as normal, but from Miami, San Francisco and New York are backed up.

Rob
    Mystic Nerd likes this.

WTF Full Member

My Watchbox

I sent a package to LA-Thailand before all this started, it arrived in regular time, but transit home was looong. It sat at LAX for almost a month, and only started moving when I started a trace on it via USPS, since their tracking said they had it. Patience seems to be the word of the day. I guess you could start a trace on it, if you’d like. That might make you feel better, but it won’t necessarily give more answers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Watchbox

Quote Originally Posted by skd#214# View Post
    Just another story...

I ordered a watch band from the UK a few weeks ago. Normal shipping is Royal Mail with hand-off to USPS for domestic delivery. I noticed in the tracking that it was accepted and awaited processing in the UK for almost a week. Some research brought me to the conclusion that a "shipment' was being prepared in the UK. I think the number of overseas packages (maybe down?) and especially reduced flights are big contributors to shipping logistics now. It took about twice as long as usual to receive the strap compared to when I have ordered in the past but it did arrive.
    It took me a week to receive a package 'next day before 1pm' to arrive via Royal Mail. Worst thing was, the package was only sent from a location 80 miles away. There is hope!

My Watchbox

Rob, I see what you are saying on the tracking info as I have never clicked to check on it before. The package I sent to sweden just sits at "arrived in miami". I suppose not all destinations have tracking to the final hub. Interestingly I bought a watch on yahoo japan on a sunday, and DHL got it to me by that following friday.
    Last edited by uscjake87; 05-13-2020 at 09:33 AM. Reason: I can't spell good

My Watchbox

DHL, FedEx and UPS have their own fleets of aircraft and as most countries are still allowing freight aircraft, the lockdowns are not affecting them at all. These guys are doing very well at the moment as you can imagine!

Rob

Stainless Steel Patron Member WTF Junior Member

My Watchbox

I ordered a piece that shipped from Mexico in April which took less than a week. Another piece came from Switzerland, also in early April, and that took nearly three weeks. I'm still waiting well over a month for a battery from the UK (that apparently shipped in early April but hasn't yet arrived and has no tracking number). Seems the international system is in various stages of functionality.

Just wait a few months for the USPS to go entirely bankrupt and then we'll have a real mess.

WTF Full Member

My Watchbox

I’ve ordered something from Australia which was drop shipped from China. Didn’t manage to exit China so it was reshipped. Now it seems hung up in New York (I’m in CA) so everything is screwed up. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Watchbox

I had a 24 hr Fedex delivery take 5 days to come from Belgium to the UK and 8 days to go back when I rejected the item (not in the condition seen in photos).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information