This forum has been very helpful and I've been looking at watches over the last few months.
I've come to a few conclusions on my watch needs:
- needs to be somewhat subtle as i live and work outside the US
- a field watch is desirable... from what i can tell, they tend to be subtle and rugged... both necessities
- simple - probably not a chronograph
- a second hand is desireable
- GMT is very desireable
- automatic, kinetic or solar is preferred but not required
- calendar date
- dark dial (black, blue, etc.)
- not a dress watch as i find myself in a variety of situations nearly daily where my watch gets knocked around
Some of the options I've been looking at:
- Phobios Eagle Ray GMT PX023C
- Victorinox GMT Infantry 241648
- Wenger 01.1342.101
- Alpina GMT
- Timex Allied 3 GMT (but it isn't subtle and looks more like a dive watch to me)
I'd like to find something like a Seiko or Citizen but can't seem to find something that fits my needs.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!